Peotone Travel Center

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
New truck stop. Just built, on the site of a regular gas station that was bulldozed 25 years ago.

I-57 exit 327 IL

Has a dunkin donuts and Charley's Cheesesteaks and signs that say "restaurant space available". Inside, there's an upstairs loft area and supposedly a spa and a bar or something up there.

I didn't cruise the lot because we were on our 4 wheelers but I think it's bigger than a typical Pilot/Love's "get your fuel and scram" kind of place. I think we rode sideways across the cat scale with our 4wd on. I don't really remember, I just remember the hangover sucked the next day

We've been there twice so far, for the "Charley's Cheesesteaks".

Damn good philly.

The "gourmet fries" are good too.

Terribly unhealthy but who cares, it's good. 😁

Last edited:
New truck stop. Just built, on the site of a regular gas station that was bulldozed 25 years ago.

I-57 exit 327 IL

Has a dunkin donuts and Charley's Cheesesteaks and signs that say "restaurant space available". Inside, there's an upstairs loft area and supposedly a spa and a bar or something up there.

I didn't cruise the lot because we were on our 4 wheelers but I think it's bigger than a typical Pilot/Love's "get your fuel and scram" kind of place. I think we rode sideways across the cat scale with our 4wd on. I don't really remember, I just remember the hangover sucked the next day

Damn good philly.

Who cares you only live once

I love a good Cheesesteak. I used to order them at the T/A. I know those are probably not a good Cheesesteaks but how can you really make a terrible Cheesesteak?

Bad meat. You need to use a good ribeye steak sliced paper thin. And no 'Wizz' on it like Pat's or Geno's uses. Real cheese.

your picture shows a fleet of Serve Pro cleaning trucks and a church, you moron.........

we gotta have Serve Pro give us a high pressure bath, then attend church before we go to eat..???

I-57 exit 327 IL

Damn good philly.

your picture shows a fleet of Serve Pro cleaning trucks and a church, you moron.........

we gotta have Serve Pro give us a high pressure bath, then attend church before we go to eat..???
I think those crooks paid Google to put that picture there.

In maps, I did the "dropped pin" thing and the link should open Google maps on a phone, and pull up the exact location of the truxtop.

Serve Pro are like vultures, but that's another topic. 😒

Bad meat. You need to use a good ribeye steak sliced paper thin. And no 'Wizz' on it like Pat's or Geno's uses. Real cheese.
I tried to make a Philly cheesesteak at home using the Whizz as was what was recommended on the net.
I got to say I like it better with Mozza. I think that is how the T/A made it. Can't remember.

Good old white American processed cheese food works! ;)
"Cheese food" is not cheese.

It's what they feed to the cheese wheels when they start talking.

I hauled a load of salt from a mine in Kansas to a cheese factory in Minnesota and the guy gave me a tour of the place.
In this one room, a bunch of cheese wheels were auditioning for a part in a Cheez-Its commercial.

In a different room, the cheese wheels had just been brought in for their noon feedings.

It was creepy. It was like in Little Shop of Horrors when the big venus fly trap was talking. They were all saying "FEEED MEEEEE".

A guy came in pushing a cart full of boxes that were labeled "pasteurized processed cheese food" and started throwing what looked like Kraft singles at them and they'd jump up off the table and catch them in midair like dogs. They weren't even peeling off the plastic from the slices. They'd eat them whole. And that's where trans fats come from. The "trans" is short for transparent.

It was a really weird experience and I don't eat much cheese any more.

True story :thumbsup:

Except for the parts I made up.

In maps, I did the "dropped pin" thing and the link should open Google maps on a phone, and pull up the exact location of the truxtop.

ok, then this is what we should have seen.

click onto the coordinance numbers

There are a bunch of unrelated pictures because the location is only "Peotone Township IL" instead of real address.

Not sure why there are some skyscrapers and such though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread