Pilot Travel Center - Lordsburg, New Mexico

LOL, I like coming out here, other than the fact the trip takes me too far from home. Lived in California for 9 years as a kid (Sacramento) and could easily move back.

LOL, I like coming out here, other than the fact the trip takes me too far from home. Lived in California for 9 years as a kid (Sacramento) and could easily move back.

There it is folks. There's no time to lose. Somebody get a fix on Mike's GPS.
That does NOT sound like the redneck Razorback transplant from the Lone Star state.
:nono:

Why didn't somebody warn me that there was a noisy railroad track here? LOL.

I never stop in Lordsburg, never, until tonight. Almost out of hours and didn't want to stay in an Arizona Rest Area, so figured this would be a good place to park. Go inside for a few minutes, come back to the truck, relax, and within 15 minutes, 3 Trains have gone by blaring there freaking horns! Gonna get a great night sleep here.....
You could blame me , But I have not been to that one . It seems everywhere I go there is a freakin' train that runs near it, by it or through it The T/a in Indiana , The customer in Indianapolis and on and on . Its like a scene from my cousin Vinny ,I just get into a good sleep and then train horns are blaring . It happens all the time like scene from ground hog day .One day they are going to put ME in the movies (country song ) ,LOL

Bite your tongue!

Washington is way better. Trust me.

Wha-wha-wha-whatabout Oregon? You literally left out the middle man! :) Between CA, OR, and WA.......Washington is okay away from the larger cities. There's something about Seattle that feels so cramped. Traffic is horrible during peak hours and holidays. I used to live in Kitsap county for a while AWAY from the large cities. I was born in a city, but I'm not really a city person.

Why didn't somebody warn me that there was a noisy railroad track here? LOL.

Hey, I thought that truckers luuuuuuved the noise! :tongueout:

Rattly reefer engines running on continuous mode, APU units that are as loud as lawnmowers, the truck sitting next to you idling at 1K RPMs all night in 65 degree weather, the loud excitable drivers yelling back and forth to each other like they're deaf and senile, the driver yelling on his Bluetooth headset to his girlfriend while pacing back and forth in front of your hood, the one driver who takes 45 minutes to back with no help as the audible sound of his brakes can be heard off and on, the sounds of gunshots and police sirens, the sounds of angry cattle in cattle trailers, and now the sounds of a busy railroad located near a Truckstop.......

Same difference! :biglaugh:

I take it that you didn't get any sleep and had to deal with the idiots in southern Cali the next day......if you weren't in a bad mood, then you're not normal! :tongueout:

Wha-wha-wha-whatabout Oregon? You literally left out the middle man! :) Between CA, OR, and WA.......Washington is okay away from the larger cities. There's something about Seattle that feels so cramped. Traffic is horrible during peak hours and holidays. I used to live in Kitsap county for a while AWAY from the large cities. I was born in a city, but I'm not really a city person.

You'll have to ask Saddlesore about Orygun. I lived there in '68 and '69, a little place called Silverton. It was OK, but hey, I was a kid. What do kids know?

Oh, and all cities are crowded and cramped, and have really bad gridlock especially at rush hour.

You'll have to ask Saddlesore about Orygun. I lived there in '68 and '69, a little place called Silverton. It was OK, but hey, I was a kid. What do kids know?

Oh, and all cities are crowded and cramped, and have really bad gridlock especially at rush hour.

Not all cities are like that. The folks in Vegas during rush hour? Beyond über retarded. No one ever knows what the hell is going on here when they drive at any time of the day.

".....and now for your traffic and weather update: The Spaghetti Bowl is congested in all directions due to an injury accident off of Lake Mead and I-15. Commuters may want to stick with the surface streets as highway crews try to clear a three-pile wreck along with a few mattresses blocking the middle lane......"

Every. Single. Frickin'. Day.

Ugh.

This city is not that big compared to others. Folks here cannot drive for anything. They're probably California transplants at that.

The old Shady Grove truckstop at Exit 5 was my regular watering hole for years. Dusty lot, but decent showers and excellent Mexican food.(and no RR tracks)
I don't get out that way anymore and heard from a friend that it has since been closed.
Another mom & pop bites the dust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread