Opportunity arises for truckers to comment on proposed fuel-economy standards

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By David Tanner, Land Line senior editor

What effects will the next round of federal fuel economy and greenhouse gas standards for heavy trucks have in the future? The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is asking for input on possible environmental effects, but an open comment period is also an opportunity for truckers to weigh in on how federal mandates affect their businesses and their lives.

NHTSA opened a 30-day comment period on Wednesday, July 9, as the agency prepares an environmental impact statement for the standards it plans on setting for post-2018 heavy trucks, engines and trailers.

full story

What's the point? They could have the place packed full of people complaining that the current bullshit is destroying their livelihoods & anything further is just insane, and they'd go ahead & do it anyway.

The type of absolute "do what we say or we'll kill you" power this government has usurped for itself is alluring only to arrogant psychopaths who think they know better than everyone else. Trust me on this when I say they do not care AT ALL what the people have to say about it.

Oh my God with the green house gasses. Most of the carbon dioxide comes from the Ocean, It feeds the trees, The trees give off oxygen. We need oxygen to live. Circle of life yo!

There was more Carbon dioxide in the air even before man industrialized:bonk: These environmentalists are trying to kill us economically or mentaly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread