O/O Independants?

Terry

Gear Grinding Jerk
I was quoted $7400 a year for full coverage and $100k cargo.

What are you paying as an independent with one truck and your own authority?

Right around $7,000 for truck and trailer through company, fixing to get my own after this last fiasco. Have heard both good and bad about insurance through OOIDA, so thinking about going through my personal insurance agent, known her all my life, every other vehicle and home is insured through her so might as well do semi also.

OOIDA does not insure carriers going into Canada. OOIDA belongs to a Risk Retention Group and is not assigned a rating. Certain brokers will not accept OOIDA's insurance, Landstar is one.

I would need to double check after upping my cargo to 250k but it's somewhere around 6,100 through northland.

I would need to double check after upping my cargo to 250k but it's somewhere around 6,100 through northland.

I had mine from RIG Quote out of SeattleWA for $5200 for the first year with two years of driving exp and a college degree (Progressive Insurance). Then an under cover lady and her mechanic, followed me in HammondLA near exit 40 (They followed me even if took the U-Turn till my tire belt popped and she stopped right after me with cameras rolling taking pics of my truck. She claimed the engine belt was making noise due to my tire blowout. (I kept quite but disagreed) I was followed by an unmarked truck with short trailer at the Pilot anywhere I parked, earlier that night. She made a claim and the claim was paid some one in Tennessee for $480 and Progressive Insurance jacked my insurance to $7400. I only run 80k miles/year over the road. I complained about the increase in the premium. Progressive SUV started to run in front of me every where I went even on long runs (don't know why may be recording my straight driving). Any way the people I called all gave me a higher number. Yet when I talk to many O/Os they tell me they pay about $450-$600/month without any down.

My premium is $4230.00 a YEAR. Includes 1,000,000 liability, 100,000 cargo, comp, 25,000 unidentify trailer, Unisured motorist, I got full coverage basically. My insurance broker uses Northland. My deductable is $1,000.00

$4,800 for me. Lots of brokers will not accept OOIDA insurance. My insurance is with Northland and I go through my local agent. I have all my insurance through my agent so I got a good deal.

Oh, ok. Mine is a real insurance agent in my town. They handle my home, car, motorcycle, snowmobile and my truck. My truck is through Northland but all my other insurance is through different companies.

Insurance "agent" or "broker" I think is the same thing. Only I use mine for my truck only. She shop's around for pricing and ratings, but usually I end up with Northland every year.

My agent has a real office with lots of people in it. When I need a certificate I deal with them and not Northland. They are the only insurance company I've dealt with from the start. Every year my insurance dropped a lot until I hit the bottom where I am now. I also have to have automatic deduction from my checking account to pay my monthly bill. That's one of the stipulations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread