New Jersey - Truckers would clear snow under new bill

Mike

Drivers, including truckers, will have to clean off snow and ice from their vehicles before getting on the road under a bill released by the Assembly Transportation Committee on Monday.

The committee unanimously voted to release an amended bill over protests by trucking industry representatives that the proposed requirement is unsafe for truck drivers and relies on technology they say doesn't exist here.

"This could be the last straw for some (small) trucking companies," said Sam Cunningham, who handles government relations for the Association of Bi-State Motor Carriers.
Full Story

now heres a question r the companies we deliver for or the truck stops where it snows going to have the means for us to clean off the roof of the trailer.oh also the trucking companies where they have terminals for the truckers r they also going have equipment readily available and in my opinion if the trailer sits at the shipper consignee or the terminal must be held accountable if the trailer hasnt been moved a whie they need to make sure the snow and ice r to a minimal since the weight can damage the trailer as well

Well, well, well...first, language needs to be researched to determine whether it's the drivers being ultimately responsible or partially when picking up a pre-loaded trailer.

Also want to point out from the article...they have already stated how they're going to spend the money generated from the fines. Imagine that...regulations and laws to penalize the American citizens before putting technologies in place. And do take notice they intend to build facilities at weigh stations from the revenue generated from fines.

Cart before the horse mentality...again.

-ss-

No need to research, you know the blame will be placed on the driver for moving the trailer with the ice on top. Crap rolls downhill, and we drivers are always at the bottom of a big pile full of crap.

Well, well, well...first, language needs to be researched to determine whether it's the drivers being ultimately responsible or partially when picking up a pre-loaded trailer.

Also want to point out from the article...they have already stated how they're going to spend the money generated from the fines. Imagine that...regulations and laws to penalize the American citizens before putting technologies in place. And do take notice they intend to build facilities at weigh stations from the revenue generated from fines.

Cart before the horse mentality...again.

-ss-

well you know they will hold the driver responsible thats the way it is at least until said drivers get together and say enough is enough.

Oh my lord that is just another stupid law to get money out of the truckers even though that law applies to everybody.I understand the unsafe part but is it safe to climb up on top of the trailer and clean snow and ice off.I THINK NOT.I would like the transportation committe to tell us how are we spose to clean the top of the trailer.I don't carry a ladder.Also say a driver did get on top of the trailer,he slips,falls and breaks his neck.I don't see how that can be safe.Stupid laws.Why don't they think be4 passing such idiotic laws.They would'nt dare have a few truckers come in and tell them why this law isn't a good idea because they know that the truck driver will win.

you gotta admit though we are going to get some entertainment out of this, some of the obese drivers, you know the ones that park real close to the buffet and have a coal shovel for a spoon, and can barely hoist their asses up into the seat without the help of an oversized forklift.

now imagine that driver getting on top of a trailer, all I can say is have your camcorders ready you might just make some money off of Americas funniest home movies, God knows its about the only way to make money in trucking anymore.

Oh my lord that is just another stupid law to get money out of the truckers even though that law applies to everybody.I understand the unsafe part but is it safe to climb up on top of the trailer and clean snow and ice off.I THINK NOT.I would like the transportation committe to tell us how are we spose to clean the top of the trailer.I don't carry a ladder.Also say a driver did get on top of the trailer,he slips,falls and breaks his neck.I don't see how that can be safe.Stupid laws.Why don't they think be4 passing such idiotic laws.They would'nt dare have a few truckers come in and tell them why this law isn't a good idea because they know that the truck driver will win.

There's OSHA laws which are going to come into direct conflict with this piece of brilliance. Anything over 6' is heavily regulated. Ladders must meet a specific code, and have the proper safety attachments when placed on a flat vertical surface. Getting on top of the trailer...lol...unless you figure out a lanyard safety attachment system to attach your lanyard to on the top of the trailer (don't forget you'll have to get a body harness)...VIOLATION!...lol.

Until a tool is provided to accomplish this task safely...and can be secured to the rig according to reg's (lol)...what the hell are they doing putting penalties in place? (I know...stupid question)

-ss-

you gotta admit though we are going to get some entertainment out of this, some of the obese drivers, you know the ones that park real close to the buffet and have a coal shovel for a spoon, and can barely hoist their asses up into the seat without the help of an oversized forklift.

now imagine that driver getting on top of a trailer, all I can say is have your camcorders ready you might just make some money off of Americas funniest home movies, God knows its about the only way to make money in trucking anymore.
I had a GOOD chuckle out of the mental picture of this..lol....:D

:biglaugh:...you're killing me man...

-ss-

LMAO @ silversurfer.Can u see the truckers climbing on top of the trailer.LMAO.Besides i'm not afraid of heights but I am afraid of climbing down ladders.No way would I clean top of trl i'd risk getting a ticket then fighting it in court.Although it would be funny watching others do it that gearjammer mentioned. LMAO

I'm not in bad shape and I am sure it would still make for a funny video.

Don't worry about it happening though, because I AM NOT climbing up on top of an ice covered trailer.

Bull...you know now you're going to have to get a moose (cardboard, plaster, something, anything) and put it up on a snow covered trailer...and snap a pic...

-ss-

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread