New CB

Nomad1

Forum
I'm still using an old Cobra 29 LTD. It works fine.
Has anyone bought one of the new fancy radios with Bluetooth, WX, pretty LED lights? Are they worth upgrading to? Is it actually an upgrade?

I got a Uniden 980SSB. No reason other than I had zero CBs and buying it meant I then had 1 CB.

The display is hard to read in daylight and the only reason I can see it at all is my rear window is tinted.

It works fine.

I wouldn't consider it an upgrade to an already fine Cobra. Not worth the expense.

I'm still using an old Cobra 29 LTD. It works fine.
Has anyone bought one of the new fancy radios with Bluetooth, WX, pretty LED lights? Are they worth upgrading to? Is it actually an upgrade?
i just literally gave away a cobra 25 classic LTD, plain, ordinary cb radio.

as i see it, all them bells and whistles are just more things to go wrong.

KIS......(keep it simple)

The screen on the new CB caught my attention and the WX could be useful. But I guess my smartphone does the same thing.

The screen on the new CB caught my attention and the WX could be useful. But I guess my smartphone does the same thing.
I had the Cobra with the WX warning it's great if you are a weather fanatic a love to to be updated about rain warnings in the middle of the night.
I shut off that feature and figured what ever will be will be, The future is not our to see...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread