Need advice to get started

Sweetooth141

My husband and I would like to run as a team. We would prefer a company that will train us since we don't have the money to go to a private school for our CDL's. We aren't concerned with home time, since we'll be together. We're in Utah, but want to see the US. We thought about CR England and Knight Transportation, but they have terrible reviews. Any advice on a good company for beginners? Thank you.

Clearly, the consensus with the members of this forum will be to avoid CR England at all costs.

Outside of that, any of the big companies that will train you should work. Find out from them how long it will take before they let you team together.

Be sure to look at loans as a possibility for schooling if you can't find a company that will pay for it.

I had a friend leased onto Knight for a while. He ran out of the Vegas terminal and was happy with the people.

Another outfit to look into for teams could be MegaTrux.

I don't do teams, but I can pass on this piece of advice. ALWAYS remember, Recruiters are a lot like Car Salesmen, they will tell you what they think you want to hear just to make a sell so-to-speak, simply because selling is their way of making ends meet. So be careful in believing what their trying to sell you, and always weigh the good against the bad. Good luck!

I would never advise anyone to work for a Mega because I think they are destroying the industry. I would suggest you find a smaller company with a training program and expect to pay some dues and contribute to the company. You'll be happier and have a better job.

I would never advise anyone to work for a Mega because I think they are destroying the industry. I would suggest you find a smaller company with a training program and expect to pay some dues and contribute to the company. You'll be happier and have a better job.
Please suggest a few names of companies to pursue. Newer entrants usually don't know where to begin. That's why they come to forums to ask. If you know of a small company with a training program that will finance new entrants, that information is golden.

Please suggest a few names of companies to pursue. Newer entrants usually don't know where to begin. That's why they come to forums to ask. If you know of a small company with a training program that will finance new entrants, that information is golden.

I could, like anyone else, look them up for folks but it would be better if they did it...based on where they live (home time), where they like to run and what they want to haul. Opinions vary on all these things.

I could, like anyone else, look them up for folks but it would be better if they did it...based on where they live (home time), where they like to run and what they want to haul. Opinions vary on all these things.
In other words, you don't know of any small companies that help people get their licenses. That's okay. Neither do I.

In other words, you don't know of any small companies that help people get their licenses. That's okay. Neither do I.
Naw...I do know a few around here in Nashville. I'd try Star or Nationwide if they are close to here. Goggins and Tennessee Freight both have training programs but I don't think they run teams.....not sure. All 4 of these companies have a good reputation and drivers seem to be happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread