My observations

InTooDeep

I drove for 4 or5 years back early 80's. Then left to build a fairly profitable. Construction comp.

It was great times plenty of work made a nice living for my crews and my family. Got lucky and sold it before the boom ended.

Bummed around traveling and just having fun for awhile till the unbelievable happened. I got bored, hard to believe I know.
Fast forward to a year ago.

Remembering the good times on the truck thought what the hell, kids are grown wife and I have a great and strong marriage. She goes on the truck with me every other home time or two.

Why not drive OTR for a year then get something local sleeping in my bed.
So I sign on to swift easiest way to get all the BS out of the way. Classes were OK met a few good people, that I to this day still stay in touch with.

But here's the observation, what happened to the brotherhood of the 80's back then at truck stops we would all stand around and shoot the shit.

Now drivers walk by and try not to make eye contact. Drivers talk shit about everyone, not to mention the hate for swift and the other megas. Hell some of us actually know what we are doing.

Don't know where I was going with this really guess I am just wondering in print jeebus drivers we are all in this together why the hate.

OK rant over thanks for reading or not. Be safe out there and yes that old dude in the swift truck that is smiling and waving at you just might be me.......Jim

Because most folks are miserable, and putting down others makes them feel better.

I always figured if you drive your truck well, and show a modicum of professional and proficient attitude I have no problem with ya.

Welcome aboard.

You aren't the only one to notice.

Personally, I think it stems from the time that the various governments made trucking an"unskilled labor" job instead of the trade it used to be.... a dumping ground for the inept and unhirable. They have no respect for themselves or anybody else.

Fortunately though, through attrition, we are actually getting more "newbies" that are actually "getting it" and becoming dang fine drivers.

The hate? That's all over the world these days..... amplified by those who use it for their own ends.

Well. Hello from another Swiftie. Swift is easy to hate because it's such a large target. I don't much look at Live Trucking because it seems like every. single. accident. is somehow blamed on Swift. "Must'a been a Swift driver, hawrhawrhawr!" even though the crashed truck is a 379 Pete with some no-name company on it. (Peckerwood Express)

Swift is a starter company,but we also have plenty of experienced pros.

If you make it to the Grandview, WA WalMart DC, look me up. The mean broad with the orange shitSpreader.

Because most folks are miserable, and putting down others makes them feel better.

I always figured if you drive your truck well, and show a modicum of professional and proficient attitude I have no problem with ya.

Welcome aboard.
Exactly. Yesterday I was at a shipper was told to back to dock 7, backed into it went inside and dude said wait meant 11 not 7 said OK. Go move to 11. Backed in. Backed into both spots in 1 try no pull ups lol.

Sitting next to me driver talking to driver on other side look at this truck and that truck trying to back in staging area, then said not to mention swift next to me pulled into the wrong door. I rolled down my window and told him wtf I was told 7. He kinda smirked ( pompass asshole).

Anyway another long story short when said the super driver pulls out his trailer hits my mirror and twisted it forward. I went to where he was closing his door and said shit man at least all the bad drivers here didn't ****ing hit anyone backing up.[emoji36]. I have been lurking here for awhile but don't post cause as you see I kinda am long winded lol....Jim

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom