My idea for the day..

Tn. Truckers Wife

I will express my opinion and then you can take it for what it is worth. Truckers need relief NOW.. The only people who can make this happen for us is our government. To me that is where every ounce of enegy we have needs to be focused. If we try to pull together a shutdown and we spend 2 and a half months working on it. We are only allowing them more time to steal our livelyhoods. Now if we spend over 2 months working on it and it is not honored. Then what? 2 more months waisted and how many people can hang on to see if we will get any relief then. It is a very serious gamble. Been watching CNN today, good news, American's are now becoming aware of what is actually driving up oil prices (OIL FUTURES, MANINPULATION OF THE MARKET AND THE LOOP HOLES IN THE HEDGE FUNDS.) I believe we could get faster results if we put MAJOR pressure on our government to act. I don't mean just a few people. I mean put the word out on every web site, everywhere we can get this word out. WE NEED TO DEMAND THEY ACT AND STOP THIS RAPING OF AMERICANS. WE ARE AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WE DEMAND ACTION. If we have to gather and stand at their doorsteps WE DEMAND THIS BE STOPPED NOW, WE'VE HAD ENOUGH. I believe more and more American's have become aware of what is happening. This is my opinion for the quickest relief. We need rally's at our state capitols demanding action. Now you all please give this some serious thought and let's see where we go from here but i do feel we need to put MORE PRESSURE on our government to do THEIR JOB and stop this mess NOW....

Ask the right questions, amd demand the right answers!

I was looking for the right thend to out this, not that this one will do just as well. So much of want we have to say gets lost in mile after mile of usless gibberish about nothing to the where the hole point of the thread is lost. Anyway.....

If these investment Guru's are correct about all the crude under the Bakken Oil field is in fact true, why isn't the Bakken Oil Field getting more play, more press, more attention by Congress? Why isn't Congress demanding to know why the Bakken Oil Field is not being exploited by the oil industry if the oil is there? If the Bakken Oil Field isn't worth the time, if the evidence is contrived, and is in fact fraudulent why are the investment Gurus advising everyone including the family dog to invest in the Bakken Oil Field? If there is the 500 billion barrels of light sweet crude why isn't the oil industry crewing all over that field drilling like crazy? Why isn't Congress screwing us out of our tax money to build the needed pipeline to get this oil to the refineries like they did when they needed a pipeline in Alaska? Is it possible that the billions of dollars already invested in the Canadian tar sands and other expensive oil projects in the U.S. that the investors are not interested in shifting to a project that would in effect lower the price of crude on the world market? Is it possible that the U.S. debt to the Arabs are in fact the driving force behind the high price of OPEC crude, and is it possible our Congress have locked us into some agreement to continue to import OPEC crude at any cost to the citizen of the U.S? There are lots of questions, but Congress for some reason can't find the answers, or can they? Do they already know?

There are investors who follow every word spewed by large investment groups, and investment internet Gurus. It would appear that many investors are not at all interested it the fact that their investments in the oil industry is driving this nation into the ground, that they are in fact responsible for the pain that their follow Americans are suffering. They appear to not be interested in the fact that the high price of crude is quite literally murdering seniors who are living on fixed income, who can not pay for heating oil to heat their homes, as well as buy food, pay for their meds, pay their rent. Children are not getting the education they deserve to compete for high paying jobs (so we import educated workers from other countries), because money that would be directed to schools and social services are now being diverted to pay for fuel needed to maintain city infrastructures. Many investment groups consider the repercussions of greed has being nothing more collateral damage on the way to become richer than god. Many Congressmen on the hill are saying that we are only crying wolf, that it is not their fault that they couldn't see beyond their collaboration with the oil industry, and the Arabs.

What continues to amaze me is that millions of Americans' are not besieging White House and the Capital building demanding blood in exchange for the grief that Cheney, Bush and Congress are making then suffer.

Y'all are right. The problem starts and ends in D.C. I'm still burnin up the phone line every couple of days. I 'm just one man but I think the pressure is growing. Maybe we need to give them a little bitter taste on july 4th, and continue working towards a national employer /employee meeting, if ya know what I mean. I'm ready for the game, coach!

Y'all are right. The problem starts and ends in D.C. I'm still burnin up the phone line every couple of days. I 'm just one man but I think the pressure is growing. Maybe we need to give them a little bitter taste on july 4th, and continue working towards a national employer /employee meeting, if ya know what I mean. I'm ready for the game, coach!
You go REBEL, now thats the way to do it..Also, your one man but your not alone in the effort.

I will express my opinion and then you can take it for what it is worth. Truckers need relief NOW.. The only people who can make this happen for us is our government. To me that is where every ounce of enegy we have needs to be focused. If we try to pull together a shutdown and we spend 2 and a half months working on it. We are only allowing them more time to steal our livelyhoods. Now if we spend over 2 months working on it and it is not honored. Then what? 2 more months waisted and how many people can hang on to see if we will get any relief then. It is a very serious gamble. Been watching CNN today, good news, American's are now becoming aware of what is actually driving up oil prices (OIL FUTURES, MANINPULATION OF THE MARKET AND THE LOOP HOLES IN THE HEDGE FUNDS.) I believe we could get faster results if we put MAJOR pressure on our government to act. I don't mean just a few people. I mean put the word out on every web site, everywhere we can get this word out. WE NEED TO DEMAND THEY ACT AND STOP THIS RAPING OF AMERICANS. WE ARE AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WE DEMAND ACTION. If we have to gather and stand at their doorsteps WE DEMAND THIS BE STOPPED NOW, WE'VE HAD ENOUGH. I believe more and more American's have become aware of what is happening. This is my opinion for the quickest relief. We need rally's at our state capitols demanding action. Now you all please give this some serious thought and let's see where we go from here but i do feel we need to put MORE PRESSURE on our government to do THEIR JOB and stop this mess NOW....

TTW, while we all agree that NOW would be a good time for something to be done look at recent history, after the real start of the truckers gaining National attention, there has been a lot of tries at getting something bigger going but they have all flopped mainly because they were tries too soon after the APRIL 1st shutdown and were not well enough organized and and they were competing with other small groups with different dates and agendas.

We need to FOCUS on organizing all these groups on the same page and with the same goal!!
A shutdown is what is needed and we need the time to get it together right, just think if we would have set the date back in april for july 4th which btw I had suggested to several people we would now be looking at massive support and it would have been implemented in about a month from now.a true NATIONAL plan only time and a good plan of action will work no matter how bad people need the NOW part it just ain't gonna happen and the sooner everyone realizes that the sooner we can get this done!!

we need to set a plan of action in concrete and then work the plan and not start trying other things that start to water down the plan that we start with.

TTW, while we all agree that NOW would be a good time for something to be done look at recent history, after the real start of the truckers gaining National attention, there has been a lot of tries at getting something bigger going but they have all flopped mainly because they were tries too soon after the APRIL 1st shutdown and were not well enough organized and and they were competing with other small groups with different dates and agendas.

We need to FOCUS on organizing all these groups on the same page and with the same goal!!
A shutdown is what is needed and we need the time to get it together right, just think if we would have set the date back in april for july 4th which btw I had suggested to several people we would now be looking at massive support and it would have been implemented in about a month from now.a true NATIONAL plan only time and a good plan of action will work no matter how bad people need the NOW part it just ain't gonna happen and the sooner everyone realizes that the sooner we can get this done!!

we need to set a plan of action in concrete and then work the plan and not start trying other things that start to water down the plan that we start with.
Point taken I have expressed my opinion and I will not say another word. I put it out there and if no one agrees then i will consider it a dead issue..

You bring up great thoughts, TTW

The thing we have to realize though is we just can't simply demand that our government does something.

Americans need to realize the importance of voting and being vocal with their representatives.

Americans need to grow up and stop voting party lines. Take the time to research the candidates for every election you have the right to vote in, and put the proper person in office.

I see way too much being blamed on the government in this forum. I said this before, the citizens of this country are the ones to blame for the shape we are in. Our government is set up to run great, but for too long, America has taken the stance of not caring about anything as long as the specific issues don't directly affect them at the time.

Citizen A doesn't care about the issues around the trucking industry because they and their family isn't in the trucking industry

Citizen B doesn't care about the City's transportation system because he/she is a truck driver and the city transportatio system doesn't directly affect them.

Citizen C only cares about how getting a bigger welfare check and could care less about who holds what government office, as long as they support more money for the welfare system.

Sometimes I fear this Country is going to have to get knocked to it's knees as a whole before we can all jump on the same page and remember what made us what we are (or were). Lately, I don't think we are far from getting knocked to our knees.

Bull, I mean no disrepect and I'm not arguing, I would like to please make one point and I promise i will not reply again. This is what I have said about people looking at the big picture.
The thing we have to realize though is we just can't simply demand that our government does something.
Now isn't that what is trying to be accomplished with a shutdown, is to force the government to act? Like i said, it's not an argument just an observation..

Now isn't that what is trying to be accomplished with a shutdown, is to force the government to act? Like i said, it's not an argument just an observation..

I look at a shutdown as "Step 1" of a long process. If successful, it will let the government know that the industry is no longer going to accept being walked over. They will realize at that point that they had better start taking things seriously and earning their money, or they will be finding themselves removed from office via elections.

When I say we can't just "demand the government does something", I mean we can't make the demand unless we are ready to act and force them to do what our nation wants. You accomplish that by learning to vote responsibly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread