MLB 2022 baseball is back baby!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Yes we will have a 2022 baseball season. MLB and Players association have reached an agreement.

I was worried there for a minute, wondering how these owners and players would put food on the table and pay their rent .:rolllaugh2:

Don't think that MLB will every make the mistake of actually striking like they did in 94. That damn near killed baseball. It took a steroid induce home run record assault to bring the fans back.

Honestly, I am super stoked that there will be a 2022 season. I am sure everyone is.. except for Baltimore fans.
What? Too soon?

Seriously looking forward to watching all the games on a hot summers day with ice cold beer(s)

Don't think that MLB will every make the mistake of actually striking like they did in 94. That damn near killed baseball. It took a steroid induce home run record assault to bring the fans back.
You are absolutely right about that!

I think some games, home openers will be shuffled around.

Okay is just me or is the unimportant spring training grapefruit season way too long?
Now you look at the old timers and they just showed up to the ballpark and played ball.
Take a guy like the "Babe", not exactly the image of an athlete and yet probably the G.O.A.T.

Most every MLB player these days is fit and trains all year round.
Spring training is pointless other than exercising farm team ball players.
Nobody is watching spring training, I know, I tried to watch it once from Dunedin Florida.

It is or should be embarrassing and players and owners need to recognize how fortunate they are.

If not for the strike, the Dallas Stars might have been an absolute fail for the NHL. The Dallas Cowboys were in the middle of 3 super bowl wins in 4 years, and the Stars needed something to draw attention because they showed up from Minnesota and almost had to give away tickets for a couple years.

I respect your opinion on spring training being important, but don't you think it is too long?
Not at all. Great time for the prospects to get some attention outside the minor league parks.

By the way, the minor league games are probably twice as fun to attend. We have a Royals minor league affiliate here in Northwest Arkansas, and those game are a blast to go to. Access to the players is great for the kids, and that is something that pro sports has forgotten about.

If not for the strike, the Dallas Stars might have been an absolute fail for the NHL. The Dallas Cowboys were in the middle of 3 super bowl wins in 4 years, and the Stars needed something to draw attention because they showed up from Minnesota and almost had to give away tickets for a couple years.
The baseball strike of 1994 could have possibly seen the Montreal Expos (National league) and the Toronto Blue Jays (American league) Back to back world series champs ('92-93) play for the "World Series".
Not good for MLB viewership.
MLB went on strike and the next year the Expos became the Washington Nationals.
Kinda looked like a fix to me.

The baseball strike of 1994 could have possibly seen the Montreal Expos (National league) and the Toronto Blue Jays (American league) Back to back world series champs ('92-93) play for the "World Series".
Not good for MLB viewership.
MLB went on strike and the next year the Expos became the Washington Nationals.
Kinda looked like a fix to me.
Montreal Expos became the Washington Nationals in 2004.

The strike/lockout may have helped the Jays, They were set to play their first game of the season away.
Adjusting the new sched has the Jays playing at home for their first game/ home opener.
Let's get reeeaady to Basebaaaall!🎙️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread