Motor Carrier Load boards that pre-approve carriers before signing them up

Freightening

I was recommended by a friend to use DAT and LoadAccess because they put carriers/brokers through their compliance program before signing them up.

What have been your experiences with these load boards? I haven't signed up yet, and I was wondering if it's worth it.

Freightening

I think that I'll give Load Access a shot for a month because it has no contract, and if that doesn't work I'll try Truckstop. I'll post my update tomorrow!

Mike

Staff member
I think that I'll give Load Access a shot for a month because it has no contract, and if that doesn't work I'll try Truckstop. I'll post my update tomorrow!
The concensus that I get from everyone I talk to regarding DAT and Truckstop:

Flatbed: Use Truckstop
Van/Reefer: Use DAT

I had the full version of both, running a van, and opted to keep DAT and let the other go.

As for the other one you mentioned, I have no idea. I barely use DAT at this point even, other than to post my truck, check credit scores and days to pay for brokers.

Whatever you do, make sure you are able to access credit scores for brokers. Everyday, people are getting ripped off by using cheap load boards and having no idea how legit or near bankruptcy a broker is.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
The concensus that I get from everyone I talk to regarding DAT and Truckstop:

Flatbed: Use Truckstop
Van/Reefer: Use DAT

I had the full version of both, running a van, and opted to keep DAT and let the other go.

As for the other one you mentioned, I have no idea. I barely use DAT at this point even, other than to post my truck, check credit scores and days to pay for brokers.

Whatever you do, make sure you are able to access credit scores for brokers. Everyday, people are getting ripped off by using cheap load boards and having no idea how legit or near bankruptcy a broker is.
I still get email requests to fill out a credit report on this one broker that I had to chase to get paid. By chase I mean hide my phone number, use different phones, repeated emails and threats to stop by his office to collect the money

So, yeah. I’m probably not the guy you want filling out a credit reference for you, fella

Hennessey

I know this is an old board, but what is load access? I have never used them before. Dat i use all the time, besides truck stop