Living in CA as a truck driver? Good idea or Bad idea?

Eric04

Is California a terrible place to live for a truck driver?

Having your own authority would you have a hard time finding freight in and out of CA?

If you absolutely had to live there, would the southern or northern part be best?

Please help a driver out here with some of you wise knowledge .........

Welcome to the forum.

I can't really answer that because I'm totally out of the loop with California freight. I've been refusing to go there since 2005, for political (CARB) reasons.

I think the biggest problem is the cost of living is cheaper everywhere else in the country so you will make less money if you live in CA. also, where to park the truck is a big issue. It can be done though.

Is California a terrible place to live for a truck driver?

YES..it IS a terrible place, for ANYONE to live there, unless you like being "mind eff'd"

Having your own authority would you have a hard time finding freight in and out of CA?

i had a LOT of freight going INTO Ca, and NEVER had enough (or much) coming out of there. glad i don;t go there no more.

If you absolutely had to live there, would the southern or northern part be best?
southern part...closer to the Mexican border, so you can get some illegals to lump your freight, or watch them carry it over the border..!!

Please help a driver out here with some of you wise knowledge .........

you mean being a wise arse doesn't count..???

seriously, not much freight comes out of there. maybe instate, you can have all you want, but then too, it's like any other trucking business, you have to be better than the rest.

i hope you do well, but if it were me, the only reason why i'd live in CA..?? is if i am retired, as i really DO NOT LIKE Florida..(heat and too much humidity)

[/QUOTE]

YES..it IS a terrible place, for ANYONE to live there, unless you like being "mind eff'd"

i had a LOT of freight going INTO Ca, and NEVER had enough (or much) coming out of there. glad i don;t go there no more.

southern part...closer to the Mexican border, so you can get some illegals to lump your freight, or watch them carry it over the border..!!

you mean being a wise arse doesn't count..???

seriously, not much freight comes out of there. maybe instate, you can have all you want, but then too, it's like any other trucking business, you have to be better than the rest.

i hope you do well, but if it were me, the only reason why i'd live in CA..?? is if i am retired, as i really DO NOT LIKE Florida..(heat and too much humidity)

[/QUOTE] I run a Rice haul during the harvest time for a ALL-American ,ex-biker , turned farmer,from way back,for the last 6 yrs. great money, just don't last long enough, tried finding another job after that, seemed that I didn't have the right last name, imagine that!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread