Just one of those days

InTooDeep

Nice easy day deliver load from Woodland CA to Reno NV. Drop trailer grab another one same place, haul back to original place 350mi then go home easy peasy. Heading up I80 the big hill heading to Blue canyon notice the water temp 10-15 degrees higher than normal on this grade( I drive this road 5 to 6 days a week). I stop at the top of the hill to take a look see. The plastic radiator reservoir was split and losing coolant. So I let it cool and drain it down a bit then sand the plastic and clean it. Apply some J B weld plastic duct tape refill and limp it to Reno. Delivered trailer, grabbed return trailer headed to shop to get repaired. The shop closes in 2 hrs not sure if they had parts or not. Arrived at shop get out and hear a loud hisssss. WTH walk to the back of trailer, damn piece of rebar sticking in the sidewall. Didn't remember seeing any damn rebar. So head into the shop fully expecting to have to wait till monday to get repairs( they are closed Sat an Sun). Here is when my luck finally changed yes we have the part but are kinda busy I said sell me the part I'll put it on. Nope we have a guy that can do it. OK great now I have this tire thats needs replaced can't do that. So I call loves and hour later he shows up tire fixed yay. Then an hour later truck is ready (yeah 2 hours to pull a couple bolts and 2 hoses). Whatever I'm fixed and ready to roll home. Nope 5 miles down the freeway kapow left side trailer tire blows. the tires on these trailers are like new too. Easy peasy 6.5 hour day turned into 13 hours.:mad: Ok rant over thanks for reading

Got nailed in 15-mile construction backup, just enough time to get where I'm going! Yeah!

:D

Doncha know a bunch of azzhats have ta play bump car 12 miles down the road.

:mad:

Shut the whole danged highway down.

:mad::mad:

2 hours late. :mad::mad::mad:

Drop at destination, lots of bobtail parking, done.

:D

Not so bad really. :toothpick:

Last edited:
i ran out of Snickers, Milky Way and 3 Musketeers. i had to drive in the heat and humidity with my a/c on full blast, listening to oldies but goodies...

man did my day suck as bad as yours....:biglaugh:

as the saying goes......shit happens
everyone has one of those days, and those days do come around offen sometimes.

Nice easy day deliver load from Woodland CA to Reno NV. Drop trailer grab another one same place, haul back to original place 350mi then go home easy peasy. Heading up I80 the big hill heading to Blue canyon notice the water temp 10-15 degrees higher than normal on this grade( I drive this road 5 to 6 days a week). I stop at the top of the hill to take a look see. The plastic radiator reservoir was split and losing coolant. So I let it cool and drain it down a bit then sand the plastic and clean it. Apply some J B weld plastic duct tape refill and limp it to Reno. Delivered trailer, grabbed return trailer headed to shop to get repaired. The shop closes in 2 hrs not sure if they had parts or not. Arrived at shop get out and hear a loud hisssss. WTH walk to the back of trailer, damn piece of rebar sticking in the sidewall. Didn't remember seeing any damn rebar. So head into the shop fully expecting to have to wait till monday to get repairs( they are closed Sat an Sun). Here is when my luck finally changed yes we have the part but are kinda busy I said sell me the part I'll put it on. Nope we have a guy that can do it. OK great now I have this tire thats needs replaced can't do that. So I call loves and hour later he shows up tire fixed yay. Then an hour later truck is ready (yeah 2 hours to pull a couple bolts and 2 hoses). Whatever I'm fixed and ready to roll home. Nope 5 miles down the freeway kapow left side trailer tire blows. the tires on these trailers are like new too. Easy peasy 6.5 hour day turned into 13 hours.:mad: Ok rant over thanks for reading
That sucks bro! Some days you wonder why you got out of bed at all:coocoo:

The way I look at it, it could have been lot worse. I think you came out okay with 13 hrs, but it seems you were prepared for lots of things, unlike some drivers (like me). I passed that I-80 area few times last week. My water temps were close to red zone and I had few gallons of coolant with me. Still, I'm not prepared to do any repairs on the road. Maybe I should be...

Ok rant over thanks for reading
You bet.
Well if it makes you feel better I almost spilled my sweet tea driving the kids around the yard in the lawn mower trailer.
Awwww
And I broke my tree pruners and the chain came off my chain saw and I had to ride 3 miles home to fix it.
Yikes
Got nailed in 15-mile construction backup, just enough time to get where I'm going! Yeah!
15 miles!!
i ran out of Snickers, Milky Way and 3 Musketeers. i had to drive in the heat and humidity with my a/c on full blast, listening to oldies but goodies...
Say it ant so!!

But all that's nothing compared to the fact that I have to wait all the way to this Friday
before I take my weeks long vacation. HELP ME!! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread