• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

JB Hunt nails school bus

Dam lucky nobody was killed.
Sounds like the Mayor was on the ball, alerting the kids best he could, and hanging on to the bus.
From what I read, seems he was smart enough not to hold the brakes and let it roll, allowing it to absorb a little less impact.

Well JB does have alot of nice equipment but alot of bad drivers.

What do you call 'nice'? I think they have the cheapest most basic pieces of crap on the road. Just because they are new does not mean they are any good. My opinion anyway, of course I have driven some things that does make J.B.'s stuff look good.

They drive the cheapest mass produced junk they can find with the bare minimum level of amenities for the underpaid saps behind the wheel.

I remember the very last crop of international cabovers they bought. The steps had bright yellow stickers on them labeled LEFT and RIGHT...so the driver know where to put his feet climbing up, and not get tangled in his own legs, and fall to his death I guess.

I used to laugh heartily at that, because some guys were smart enough to scrape the stickers off, and the ones that didn't usually looked like they could use all the instructions they could get.

I remember the very last crop of international cabovers they bought. The steps had bright yellow stickers on them labeled LEFT and RIGHT...so the driver know where to put his feet climbing up, and not get tangled in his own legs, and fall to his death I guess.

I used to laugh heartily at that, because some guys were smart enough to scrape the stickers off, and the ones that didn't usually looked like they could use all the instructions they could get.

The Argosy, what a disaster that model turned out to be. I remember seeing a Schnieder driving unable to open his door because the fold out step would not go back in.

I'm not gonna trash JB Hunt's name too much for this, this is all about the driver and drivers from every company, as well as owner operators screw up like this. Given how many JB Hunt truck that there are out there on the road, I have to say they are probably just as safe as any other company out there.

On another note, knowing how the Louisiana State Police are after something like this happening, you can expect extremely stepped up enforcement in that area for quite a while, so be extra careful in that area and have your paperwork straight.

I've never seen a bad jb hunt driver except in Chicago.There must be a term or drop yard around there.They think they own the rds around there.But out here,I would say they're good safe drivers from what I see.Yes a JB hit that bus,very unfortunate but that could happen to anybody whos not paying attention.Considering how aggressive the recruiters are,I would say they just about hire anybody with 3 months exp and pass their insurance.Many companies don't screen the drivers enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread