• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

JB Hunt

I tell u what boone everytime I have to look at the ugly hideous woman I burn my eyes.

Well Patty, just when are you going to put up a pretty picture for your avatar?

It looks odd seeing your screen name and there is just a blank space there!

I run as a fill in for JB Hunt(I don't go home much its the only way to run as a fill in). Basically when someone on a dedicated account needs to leave for whatever reason. I come in and fill in there spot until they find another driver. You don't need to be a vet with them to move up on the respect pole. Just need to work your butt off and realize that there will be a few bad weeks between a lot of good weeks.
If you run as you should, don't accept stuff you cant do, drive slow and safe, and have a record of almost 100% on time delivery they will treat you good. If you fudge your logs, try to get 3000 miles every week/complain when you don't, and are a bad driver in general they may just set you in a corner and let you fester until you leave.

The main reason why I work for them is that they pay tolls, they do run legal, and being a big company I don't need to worry about them paying me.

My only vice is the equipment they will get it fixed it is just something that you have when you do a lot of drop/hooks. It is more in the OTR division where driver A leaves a trailer with a flat for driver B and does not tell anyone. This is not a issue with the rail or some dedicated accounts where they have a service that comes in and inspects the equipment daily/weekly.

I am saving up to buy a house outright in about 2 years. I'm happy with this company and how they have treated me over the last 3 years. I could see myself grabbing a dedicated account through them without question when that time comes or moving into a different type of company(like propane or other haz containers) using JB and there safety background (and mine) as a spring board.

Glad you're happy with JBHUNT.It's not too often you hear good things about them.Thing I could'nt handle is their slow trks.You all have a terminal in Chicago??????????????????I see many JB rivers that think their the king of the road there.Awhile back one went thru a red lite and cut me off.Surprised he did'nt get in a wreck.
I run as a fill in for JB Hunt(I don't go home much its the only way to run as a fill in). Basically when someone on a dedicated account needs to leave for whatever reason. I come in and fill in there spot until they find another driver. You don't need to be a vet with them to move up on the respect pole. Just need to work your butt off and realize that there will be a few bad weeks between a lot of good weeks.
If you run as you should, don't accept stuff you cant do, drive slow and safe, and have a record of almost 100% on time delivery they will treat you good. If you fudge your logs, try to get 3000 miles every week/complain when you don't, and are a bad driver in general they may just set you in a corner and let you fester until you leave.

The main reason why I work for them is that they pay tolls, they do run legal, and being a big company I don't need to worry about them paying me.

My only vice is the equipment they will get it fixed it is just something that you have when you do a lot of drop/hooks. It is more in the OTR division where driver A leaves a trailer with a flat for driver B and does not tell anyone. This is not a issue with the rail or some dedicated accounts where they have a service that comes in and inspects the equipment daily/weekly.

I am saving up to buy a house outright in about 2 years. I'm happy with this company and how they have treated me over the last 3 years. I could see myself grabbing a dedicated account through them without question when that time comes or moving into a different type of company(like propane or other haz containers) using JB and there safety background (and mine) as a spring board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread