IRP Bills and Estimated Miles

TAPS

Over The Road Permitting
We are here in Florida and we have been working on the IRP for some clients here and with the January 2009 IRP there have been some changes you may want to know about.

One is that with these current changes you may not want to have any states on your cab card that you do not normally go to. These states will be estimated using the state's mileage chart. Florida used to use these based on percentages but now we are having to use their hard miles. And some carries are getting bills that are 175% of what they would pay for just states that they have actual miles for.
Percentage miles are better to use than hard miles because if you go 10,000 miles or 100,000 miles the estimated miles will be the same percentage. When using hard miles and you go 10,000 miles the new percentage might be 45% based on one state. 100,000 miles might only be 5%. So carriers that are seasonal or low mileage carriers are going to be paying a lot more for their tags than a carrier with a lot of miles.

There are a lot of carriers that do not travel more than 20 or 30 thousand miles a year and they are the ones that are going to get hurt.

Something wrong again with how the states want to make extra money. Lets get it form the man that moves the freight across this great country. We have to have the freight so lets make them pay. Then we have rates go up and that gets passed on to everyone.

For Information purposes only

This is so very true. Our tag cost us almost $2,200 and it is not just Fl. we did our's down by Tampa closer then Talley and she told us that she just came back from a meeting and rep's who handle I.R.P. from all States were their.

Yes, I know. And the one in St. Pete charges fees on top of that. Not only that but their fees can be different for people as well. They used to charge $15 now I have been told as much as $35 for each tag over the cost of the tags.
As far as IRP, Inc. they states had to vote on the request for estimated miles to be hard miles or keep them as percentages. You see who and what won that round. All we can do now is contact our congress and senator folks and keep complaining about it.
I feel that the states that voted for the hard miles were not really sure what they were voting for. Like many things they way some people pass information on is douel negatives and such to be confusing at the most.

I have already written letters to Tallahassee about this problem as they tried this once last year and reversed it. We can only hope they will see the way of their errors.

put a letter together and post it, talk to Silver Surfer (American Driver)
one thing we know how to do is send letter's and make phone call's.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread