Are you getting loads and miles?

i went by the local pilot and t/a today just to see for myself if anybody was even moving frieght. sadly they were both packed and it could easily be told that they have been sitting there for awhile. and when i went by there it was about 11 am so it wasn't the normal lunch crowd. very sad.

Cerberus, Lunachic: Thanks for the feedback. Since I last posted I was relayed out of the NE LAYOVER ZONE on a low paying jaunt through the upstate NY snowstorm, down through Binghamton on the 88 and then to Pittsburg where the load was due. It took five hours to get the reload info which involved Dead Heading to Ohio where we are now .Load to TN picks up in the AM.

Anyway, I'm out of there and have recently heard that another major player, YELLOW
,is on the brink of collapse due to a billion and a half pile of debt.

The number of trucks out of action since January is 125,000 according to Evan Lockridge on Road Dog Serius..

So that's Gainey, Great Wide, National Freight and Yellow slowly dissolving and soon perhaps ,even extinct distant memories of a thriving economy.I think in one fuel stop conversation the name Steven's was mentioned as being in some form of financial trouble.

Hope I have better news to share about loads when we're back west.

Bro's informed me there's more freight coming into southern Texas than going out. And some of the freight going out is going as low as $1.00/mile or lower. Here's a link to an article about the current trucking outlook...

Economic panel extends gloomy outlook for trucking
NEW ORLEANS – A trucking industry searching for good news should look someplace other than toward the American economy, a panel at the American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition told business leaders here.
Read More...

-ss-
I took a load to Laredo last wednesday unloaded friday..sat till tuesday in Laredo..got a load to Houston..just came home EMPTY today..and I am from TN..:banghead::banghead:

I took a load to Laredo last wednesday unloaded friday..sat till tuesday in Laredo..got a load to Houston..just came home EMPTY today..and I am from TN..:banghead::banghead:

That is what I call a very bad week.

I don't know what is up with my company....:nono:

A few months ago we had a VERY cheap contract hauling about a 300 mile round trip....this included 2 loads and 2 unloads at least 4 hours..then 3 hours each way driving plus an hour back to the shop.

We were making about $110.00 on this..:thud:

The company finally realized they were not making anything, and we quit hauling it............

Until.....

Well just say I have a load of the shyt on my tanker for a delivery in the morning.........:wtf:

I can't really complain about the loads I'm gettin. Loaded out of Dallas last Monday to Mansfield OH, Unloaded Wed, reloaded Wed out of Louisville, OH and Midland, PA. to deliver in Goldsboro, NC and Wildwood, FL. Unloaded Sat in Wildwood, Fl. Reloaded Today in Jacksonville, Fl. For New Orleans, La. on Wed. Reload Wed with a load to Wyoming. It's been like that pretty constantly. Not bad For flatbeddin.

Judging from what some are saying, I guess it is good to just be moving consistently.

I have been considering getting back on the road off and on for the past couple months (haven't started seriously considering it yet). If I went out, it would be in a team operation with someone I know.

Sometimes I think I will never be able to stop getting the urge.

wildwood right down the road, we broke our lease after 4 month's of making know miles or money, bought insurance and redid our tag. loaded reefer today intra, reload back up tomorrow and then loads to cheesehead land, reloads right back, then we have 15 flatbed loads next week starting(intra)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread