I'm trying to understand CSA 2010

Renee

Any help is appreciated

Ok FMCSA WEBSITE HAS ALL THE INFO AND QUESTIONS ANSWERED THAT THEY FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW.Although I have many unanswered questions.Petro has pamplets on the CSA and they also sell a BOOK ON IT.i FOUND A MAGAZINE ON IT AT THE FRONT COUNTER FOR FREE.Sorry did'nt mean the caps.
Any help is appreciated

Phantom,
I know! I went through this whole thing a few years with laws regarding Identity Theft in the work place too. I have been a business owner for a lot of years and I became aware of the laws as a result of my own identity theft issues. I educated myself and in turn worked very hard to educate other business owners. I found out though that business owners don't care until something has happened that shakes them into caring.
When I read about the CSA 2010, quite franky, I was disgusted. Not that the folks out ther want to make the highways safer but that once again, it falls mainly on the trucker and /or the trucking company. I have a friend that I've known for several years that explained one part of it to me. I'm not sure how accurate he is on it but I will call DOT myself for a better explaination. What he says is that if for instance a truck is hit from behind, no fault of his, own the driver of the vehicle that him is sited but that points also go against the truck drivers score for being involved in the accident in the first place. Once again, I don't know how true this is or if you are aware but I will soon be finding out.
In my humble opinion the roads would be much safer if all drivers of regular/non-commercial automobiles were required to take a defensive driving, manuevering and backing course such as the Smith System. When I originally got my drivers license in the 80s a portion of it was intertwined in my driver education. I took the entire course when I began driving for FedEx Ground. Infortunately though practices such as those learned through a driver's safety program don't always work because not too many of have actually taken them.
What a lot of folks are not understanding is that the cost of fuel is not the only reason that other costs have been driven through the roof. When trucking companies are having to scout for and train new drivers it costs money. The shipping prices then rise to make up for it. The merchants who are paying higher prices for shipping are the raising their prices and so on and so forth.
It's perpetual really. Not only are folks shooting themselves in the foot but each other as well.

More goofy shyt department: To devour the WHOLE ENCHILADA concerning the entirety of and yet confusing script to this new ASSAULT AGAINST DRIVERS AND TRUCKING as a whole.
"Class" was $49.95 earlier this year so go figure.

Have fun!!
CHEERS!

That link you posted is for a site run by some private consultants trying to make money "educating" people in the industry.

Guess what folks?

I have called the department of transportation among other places and nobody seems to have enough information about these laws to properly explain them to me. I also asked about a handbook mentioned to me by my brother who is a trucker that outlines the CSA 2010 and nobody seems to know a thing about that either.

I have called the department of transportation among other places and nobody seems to have enough information about these laws to properly explain them to me. I also asked about a handbook mentioned to me by my brother who is a trucker that outlines the CSA 2010 and nobody seems to know a thing about that either.

Did you go here: CSA - Compliance, Safety, Accountability ?

Anything and everything you ever wanted (and didn't) want to know is there, and that is the most up to date resource for anything about CSA 2010.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread