Trucking News: Illinois DOT, state police warn of theft ring targeting Three Rivers rest area

Mike

Truckers using the Three Rivers Rest Area along Interstate 80 southwest of Joliet, Ill., are being warned of a series of cargo thefts in the area.

“We are working with Illinois State Police to combat a theft ring that has impacted the westbound Three Rivers Rest Area for an extended period,” the Illinois Department of Transportation said in a statement last week. “It is now impacting the eastbound rest area as well.”

According to IDOT, the thefts in the westbound area consist of “opening cab doors while truckers are sleeping and stealing their wallets.”

At the eastbound rest area, thieves are breaking into the cargo areas, IDOT warns.

The eastbound rest area is at approximately mile marker 117 on I-80 in Morris, about 16 miles southwest of Joliet. The westbound rest area is about 15 miles southwest of Joliet in Minooka.

@mndriver tried to scare me when i parked the other night by telling me about this. It worked, I slept with 14 guns loaded and a baseball bat all under the covers with me.

turns out, I was in a different rest area, LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread