Ice Cream Trucks

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
0602132005b.jpg

Why is it that no matter where you go in this country, ice cream trucks always play the same song over & over?

Why is it that no matter where you go in this country, ice cream trucks always play the same song over & over?

It is all about marketing... most importantly, brand recognition.

Picture this. Mom, dad, the really young kids are milling about the house. Mom or dad hear that old familiar tune and the first thing out of their mouths is, "ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!" Well, now it's etched on the little one's brains, especially if they get to have a treat from the truck. A childhood memory is formed and 30 years later when that tune is played they'll exclaim, "ICE CREAM TRUCK!!" It's a self perpetuating, wonderful concept that make the slickest 5th Ave marketing executives jealous.

I wonder if ice cream truck drivers have their own forum where they swap stories about all the spoiled brats they encounter.

Does that tune have a name?
Google is your friend....
I just Googled it & found something interesting.

I can't post it here, but if you type "ice cream truck song" into Google, the second search result says it's an old song, - let's just say it's about watermelons - ... & there's a link on that article to a page that plays an MP3 of the song. It's title ends with "love a watermelon ha ha ha"

But once you play it & read the article about it, it's kinda strange that they still play it. Probably an oversight. I bet 99.999999% of people don't even know.

OK so that may be the origin of the tune, but it still doesn't explain why just about every ice cream truck in the USA plays the same song.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread