I Saw This In Laramie This Morning

Racer X 69

I still haven't found any news coverage of this, but here are a few pictures I snapped as I was pulling out this morning from Laramie. The MS Carriers driver was stopped at the end of the ramp waiting for traffic to clear and the Quest driver drilled him at almost freeway speed. What a mess. It didn't appear that the Quest driver was even slowing down. He hit off center, and I have to concede, this is one of those rare occasions where a seat belt would not have been much good. The aid crew was cutting the passenger side of the sleeper open to get the guy out.

View attachment 13097

View attachment 13098

View attachment 13099
View attachment 13097View attachment 13098View attachment 13099

MS (Swifty) + Pilot = Somebody's gonna' get busted up.

Quest driver should have known better than to get in Swifty's blind spot near the driveway to a Pilot. I'm bettin' Swifty came over on him.

Quest driver should have known better than to get in Swifty's blind spot near the driveway to a Pilot. I'm bettin' Swifty came over on him.

The Swifty was sitting still, waiting for traffic to clear.

But even though it clearly was the fault of the Quest driver, the Swifty is gonna get negative CSA points.

Nope, my bet is Swift was gonna go to the Petro(left) and boy wonder in the Quest truck just plain and simple assholed 'em as he headed for the Pilot.Prob looked at his cellphone.....??

OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is one horrible wreck.Quest was'nt paying attention to his speed or his surroundings.Probably dropped something on the floor.All it takes is a split second.

Maybe he was just trying to park in the back of that trailer.

So what do you think will happen with the quest driver???????????????????????????????

I have no idea how badly he was injured, or if he even survived. I keep looking for news about the accident, but it doesn't appear to have made the papers or TV.

There have been several accidents in Wyoming recently where a truck was traveling slowly and got rear ended by another truck traveling at high speed, and they have been big news.

This is a horrible situation for everyone involved. It's just another reminder that slowing down and fully paying attention to your surroundings is a good thing.

I have no idea how badly he was injured, or if he even survived. I keep looking for news about the accident, but it doesn't appear to have made the papers or TV.

There have been several accidents in Wyoming recently where a truck was traveling slowly and got rear ended by another truck traveling at high speed, and they have been big news.

Driver ID?d in fatal I-80 wreck | Laramie Boomerang | Laramie, Wyoming
and
Wyoming Truck Accident Causes 20 Vehicle Chain Reaction - Truck Accident Lawyer News
and
Truck loaded with honey bees spills hives, closing highway, in Wyoming accident | Northern Berkshire Beekeepers Association
and very recently (and at the same time very sad)
Omaha Truck Driver Killed in Wyoming Crash - Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports |

The "Official" News Report

Semi driver cited for careless driving in high-speed collision

By AARON LeCLAIR • Friday, June 10, 2011

One semi tractor-trailer driver broke his leg and three others suffered minor injuries in a high-speed wreck at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday on an Interstate 80 off-ramp near Laramie.

Jimmy Holt of Morristown, Tenn., a driver for Quest Global Inc. out of Cartersville, Ga., suffered a broken leg and minor cuts, bumps and bruises when his semi reportedly rear-ended another tractor-trailer that was parked on the westbound off-ramp to Curtis Street.

A Wyoming Highway Patrol (WHP) press release says the Quest truck was traveling at 60 mph at the time of the wreck.

Jimmy Holt’s driving partner and wife, Tracy Holt, sustained bruises but was not seriously injured.

Both were treated at Ivinson Memorial Hospital and released Wednesday afternoon, the press release says.

Kenneth Gleason of Cheboygan, Mich., the driver of the semi that Jimmy Holt reportedly rear-ended, and his co-driver, David Matheny of Macomb, Mich., complained of back pain but were not seriously injured, Rick Colling, a WHP trooper and the crash’s lead investigator, said.

View attachment 13100

Read the "Whole Story"
View attachment 13100

Also a school bus rollled a couple weeks ago on 80 in Wyoming.I think it was on 80.He had a blowout of his steer tire.Some got taken to the hospital but none were life threatening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread