I got DOT'd

coachman

Old ass'd trucker
Premium
As we all know the DOT can come from anywhere right, well I went to cover a run for a driver on vacation and started in Indy them to Carmel and had the last 2 drops in Bloomington, A nice quick run. I had visions of sitting at home under the AC when low and behold here comes the police car state kind. Well as asked before if you wear a seat belt, I said no LOL. Well after I got pulled over to the side of State route 37N I saw no copper so on went the seat belt real quick. Bear walks around my truck looking and sniffing then he does the reefer the same, finding nothing he beats on the pass. door and I yelled it is unlocked but does he open it? Nope I take the belt and lean my fat ass over and open the damn door. The first thing out of his mouth is give me the log book and I said you really don't want to see it why don't you take a break and let me catch it up. Nope so I told him that I have all times and places on my route sheet ok he said, he looked and said well you are ok here you had your 34, whee I says, now you got last months? As I hand it to him I see I had forgotten to finish the 31st. But kiddies I found the one and only DOT Cop that told me to just catch them up and do it while he ran my MVR. I have seen the light I will keep that damn funny book up to the minute from now on, the man cut me a lot of slack and I will never get caught short like that ever. Damn long story just to say I passed the DOT inspection.:leer:

Congrats on passing the inspection.I get checked all the time because my company safety is real poor.My load is only 10 minutes from here but i'm still starting my log before I go anywhere.You just never know if a DOT can be under a bridge waiting for one of us.I can't even begin to tell you how many surprised inspections i've had with this company.

As we all know the DOT can come from anywhere right, well I went to cover a run for a driver on vacation and started in Indy them to Carmel and had the last 2 drops in Bloomington, A nice quick run. I had visions of sitting at home under the AC when low and behold here comes the police car state kind. Well as asked before if you wear a seat belt, I said no LOL. Well after I got pulled over to the side of State route 37N I saw no copper so on went the seat belt real quick. Bear walks around my truck looking and sniffing then he does the reefer the same, finding nothing he beats on the pass. door and I yelled it is unlocked but does he open it? Nope I take the belt and lean my fat ass over and open the damn door. The first thing out of his mouth is give me the log book and I said you really don't want to see it why don't you take a break and let me catch it up. Nope so I told him that I have all times and places on my route sheet ok he said, he looked and said well you are ok here you had your 34, whee I says, now you got last months? As I hand it to him I see I had forgotten to finish the 31st. But kiddies I found the one and only DOT Cop that told me to just catch them up and do it while he ran my MVR. I have seen the light I will keep that damn funny book up to the minute from now on, the man cut me a lot of slack and I will never get caught short like that ever. Damn long story just to say I passed the DOT inspection.:leer:
Hope he didn't put a note on his report s tha will show on your new CSA score

No notes on the report I took a copy back to the boss, he was very happy and I guess I will wear the darn thing now.

No notes on the report I took a copy back to the boss, he was very happy and I guess I will wear the darn thing now.

That is good to hear.

I don't mean to nag, or harp on the seat belt thing, but I sincerely hope that someday you will thank me for doing so.

That is good to hear.

I don't mean to nag, or harp on the seat belt thing, but I sincerely hope that someday you will thank me for doing so.

It's really better he not have tothank you for it since that woukd mean he needed a seat belt which we all hope to never need

Glad to hear you passed the inspection and the cop was somewhat reasonable.Every once in a while the Gods smile down on a driver.

I just had my BIT last week. It was a diffrent CHP this time. I hope I get him from now on. He just seemed to have a better personality and mannered.

That's when I usually get jammed up with a creeper cop. When I'm truly on the road I keep my poop grouped rather tightly, but, if I have to take a tanker to the wash, or, scoot by a shop for a repair, I just jump in the truck and go.

"Whoop-Whoop"... blue light special happens way to frequently when I'm not really in my truckin' mode.

Good job passing your inspection...... Now put your seatbelt on and hammer down driver!

I was more than 12 hrs. behind on my book recently. The cop let me catch up. (thank you Jesus)
Maybe he liked the way I said "yes Sir/no Sir" every sentence.:nod:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread