HTAA reveals plan to offer truckers accessible, affordable healthcare

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
ATLANTA and PHILADELPHIA — The Healthy Trucking Association of America (HTAA) had announced plans to launch a nationwide initiative aimed at making affordable health care more accessible for the nation's professional truck drivers.

Through a joint project with the Convenient Care Association (CCA), the national trade group representing the retail-based convenient care industry, retail clinics nationwide will soon be offering expanded medical treatments and services designed specifically for transportation industry employees.

The CCA is comprised of the nation's largest operators of retail health clinics, which will be performing a variety of services customized for drivers including Department of Transportation (DOT) examinations, treatment of acute illnesses, chronic disease management, smoking cessation and weight loss management

full story

I had never heard of the either of these organizations, but I do kind of like what I am hearing. One of the things that has kept me in a company truck for the past few years is that I have no desire to pay outrageous rates for health insurance, nor do I want to take the risk of not having insurance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread