Healthcare confusion..

Hell, I thought Obama care was gonna reduce the deficit (remember that) but I guess not, what with VAT coming.
53% of people in this country don't pay taxes....none,nada,zip(well income) How much longer can we sustain this?

53% of people in this country don't pay taxes....none,nada,zip(well income)

That's an interesting statistic. I believe I've heard it quoted elsewhere, too.
Might that include children, retirees, disabled, housewives and the unemployed?
Or is it more selective.
If it's just the number in the whole population then it's probably about right.
If it's only the from the group who have jobs, something is surely amiss.
Even in my lowest income years, I haven't got out of paying any income taxes. And are they including corporation? After all, legally they are considered "persons." I know that some of the top co"s somehow get out of paying any income taxes.
It'd be nice to see the breakdown on this.

That's an interesting statistic. I believe I've heard it quoted elsewhere, too.
Might that include children, retirees, disabled, housewives and the unemployed?
Or is it more selective.
If it's just the number in the whole population then it's probably about right.
If it's only the from the group who have jobs, something is surely amiss.
Even in my lowest income years, I haven't got out of paying any income taxes. And are they including corporation? After all, legally they are considered "persons." I know that some of the top co"s somehow get out of paying any income taxes.
It'd be nice to see the breakdown on this.

This is the actual number of WORKING adults..47 percent

I forget what the cut off line is. The working poor still pay income taxes but they get it all back and then some when they file. That i s why I would love to get rid of the income tax and go to a flat tax like Perot and Forbes advocated, that way everybody pays accordingly, rich people spend more, they pay more, poor people spend less, they pay less but we all pay the same percentage. No more whining and complaining about who pays what

I've been doing my own taxes all my life and occasionally for a few friends of mine.
You can get back all of the taxes you paid in, IF you meet all the various qualifications, etc.
But when you get near the end of the 1040 form, it gives you the amount you paid in during the year and the next line, what you owe according to the tax table to determine your refund or what you pay.
I've never seen the line that allows you to get back more than what you paid in.

Also note what I said before about the top corporations not paying income taxes, because they hire the best tax lawyers.
Again, could they be counting these among the "working people"?
They are given the status of individuals under the law.

Rebel, it is called tax rebates/deductions, for example, you have 5 dependents, you get so much you can deduct for them, if your deductions are more then you're income, you get that money given to you, I know that for a fact, don't tell me I am wrong

Rebel, it is called tax rebates/deductions, for example, you have 5 dependents, you get so much you can deduct for them, if your deductions are more then you're income, you get that money given to you, I know that for a fact, don't tell me I am wrong

I certainly won't, especially if you're right.
You must be referring to the EITC, among others. I just did some searching, IRS website and others.

1040.com - Tax Credits

Also found the article everyone must be quoting from

Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! News

I'll admit you have me at a disadvantage. Remember, I said, I never found it (a way to get back more than I paid).
Well, I've never had kids. And the friends I did'em for, that was back before they had kids or married.
I had heard of this credit, but naturally had no first hand knowledge. I started to crunch some imaginary numbers on the IRS site, but the article did a good one for me. Just glancing at the IRS numbers, it sounds about right.
Basically you're talking about people who don't earn a whole lot and have kids to support.
The article did the maximum income, maximum credit and the final kickback.

$31

So you're right.
They are actually getting back money from the gov't without paying any taxes.

$31

People earning less or with fewer than 3 kids would be less of course

than

$31

If i'd only known about this earlier. I could've gotten married, had a bunch of kids, taken a crappy job and started cashing in on this gov't scam raking in my

$31

for the whole year!

I think we've found the solution to our $12,000,000,000,000 national debt.

We just get our money back.

$31 dollars at a time.

It'll take me a while to figure out how many years this is gonna take, though.

Gotta get a bigger calculator..............

My cousin Granger Watson, for tax year 2009 reported an income of $7,900, two dependents, him and his son, he not only did not pay fed. income tax but received $1,300 refund, I know that for a fact, How does all the welfare trash and working poor get tax refunds every year WHEN THEY DO NOT PAY INCOME TAXES, 47% of the American people do not pay federal income tax

My cousin Granger Watson, for tax year 2009 reported an income of $7,900, two dependents, him and his son, he not only did not pay fed. income tax but received $1,300 refund, I know that for a fact, How does all the welfare trash and working poor get tax refunds every year WHEN THEY DO NOT PAY INCOME TAXES, 47% of the American people do not pay federal income tax

Yep.

The evidence is indisputable.
This has got to stop.

That's why I posted the link to the other refundable tax credits, I just knew there were other examples out there of even bigger scams happening. This is just the tip of the iceberg. (I'm catching up on past episodes of "Deadliest Catch right now. Reminds me of something I heard one time. Tell ya in a minute.....)

This guy, and no telling how many others, have got it made.
I just did the math on this little gold mine.

$7,900 + $1300 = $8400 a year.

$8400 a year taking care of his son.
That comes out to a grand total of

$23

a day.

He's living off the rest of us, not working, eating and feeding his son at our expense for

$23

a day.

No wonder so many people are outraged. No wonder we can't pay down the debt.
Can you imagine how much better off we'd be if we could get that money back, make these guys live in a tent, get a job and catch possums for dinner?
No wonder people are mad as hell. We could all be just kickin' back right now, livin" on easy street on

$23

a day.

Oh, (Deadliest Catch) I remember an odd expression said by a coworker one day.
Everybody was bitching about petty stuff and he finally yelled, "You guys are nuthin' but a bucket of crabs!"
So I had to ask him what he meant.

"Ever seen a bucket of crabs? As soon as one of them tries to get out and reaches the top, the rest of them will pull him right back down with them."

I've never got that mental picture out of my mind.

I know, I know, that wasn't the point.

The point you were making was if all those people were working and paying taxes instead of getting money for nothing, we'd all have less burden to bear.
That is a fact.
Along with the fact that that a lot of these can't. You know, little kids, truly disabled, old people, etc. There's plenty of deadbeats for sure, but it isn't every single one and we aren't talking about lottery jackpots when you get down to the actual numbers.

Italians have this One covered in Germany..they have 12 kids..we used to call them beavers..they build their house with their "tail" :)

Yep.

The evidence is indisputable.
This has got to stop.

That's why I posted the link to the other refundable tax credits, I just knew there were other examples out there of even bigger scams happening. This is just the tip of the iceberg. (I'm catching up on past episodes of "Deadliest Catch right now. Reminds me of something I heard one time. Tell ya in a minute.....)

This guy, and no telling how many others, have got it made.
I just did the math on this little gold mine.

$7,900 + $1300 = $8400 a year.

$8400 a year taking care of his son.
That comes out to a grand total of

$23

a day.

He's living off the rest of us, not working, eating and feeding his son at our expense for

$23

a day.

No wonder so many people are outraged. No wonder we can't pay down the debt.
Can you imagine how much better off we'd be if we could get that money back, make these guys live in a tent, get a job and catch possums for dinner?
No wonder people are mad as hell. We could all be just kickin' back right now, livin" on easy street on

$23

a day.

Oh, (Deadliest Catch) I remember an odd expression said by a coworker one day.
Everybody was bitching about petty stuff and he finally yelled, "You guys are nuthin' but a bucket of crabs!"
So I had to ask him what he meant.

"Ever seen a bucket of crabs? As soon as one of them tries to get out and reaches the top, the rest of them will pull him right back down with them."

I've never got that mental picture out of my mind.

Believe me, he is not hurting, he lives in a two income home, but if you are so willing to give your money away, I'll tell him to get in contact with you, he needs to get his 500 Merc outboard fixed, but as far as you wanting to give my money away, hands off, it is not yours

Believe me, he is not hurting, he lives in a two income home, but if you are so willing to give your money away, I'll tell him to get in contact with you, he needs to get his 500 Merc outboard fixed, but as far as you wanting to give my money away, hands off, it is not yours

Somehow, I knew that would be about the only response I would get, even after reading all of that.
I said you were right, not wrong, that I'm sure there are people that take advantage of things intended only for the truly needed and that the amount of money we're talking about pales in comparison to what else is contributing to our downward spiral.

But, *sigh* all I get is, Keep your hands off mine and give him yours!

Slowly, but surely, I'm realizing that's just the way people are.........

View attachment 11257
View attachment 11257

Your sarcastic wit is lacking, you have been preaching page after page about how the government is not doing enough, giving enough or taking enough, where are they going to get it from, seams you want the gov't to take from those working their ass off to make a living and provide a future for their family so the gov't can redistribute it. And I say no, where is it going to stop, What is next, my house is nicer then yours, that can't be fare, the gov't should take it from me to give to you,,, quit sitting on your ass and bitching because you are not good enough to better your life without help from the gov't, stand up and make a living for yourself, with your own two hands,(it is called being a man, I am sure the welfare office has a dictionary, you can look it up) you sound like my one year old nephew, when he falls down, instead of trying to get back up he will sit there and cry for mommy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread