How the hell would you secure a 4 wheeler in a van?

Deflate the tires to prevent it from sliding backwards.
You won't be producing many G's taking off in a neutered truck.
:D
[This may not work for @Tim]
:eek:

Use straps to secure it from sliding forward in case of a hard bake (much more likely).
You can still close the doors with the straps threaded through to the ICC bumper.

I've hauled a coupla 4-wheelers like that in a reefer.
Several lifts, etc,
and a butt load of steel coils...

Except I never deflated the tires.

Just don't forget what you're doing.
:stare1:

You can still close the doors with the straps threaded through to the ICC bumper.
Is that legal?

Deflate tires, um... yeah. Ok, ... so I'll just... 53 plus 53, plus a foot for the bend around the door, ... another couple feet for, ... that's gonna be one hell of a long air hose.

Is that legal?

Do I look like your freakin' parole officer!??
:mad:

Deflate tires, um... yeah. Ok, ... so I'll just... 53 plus 53, plus a foot for the bend around the door, ... another couple feet for, ... that's gonna be one hell of a long air hose.

The pee-cup will be all the way to the rear, so...
that's minus 53'...

Once you jack-knife the trailer the 50' glad-hand hose that every good-looking, sweet-smelling, soft-talking professional truck driver in America carries will be about 10' too long.
:)

OR,
you could toss an air bubble in the back of your Ranger and make two trips.
:toothpick:

Do I look like your freakin' parole officer!??
:mad:

The pee-cup will be all the way to the rear, so...
that's minus 53'...

Once you jack-knife the trailer the 50' glad-hand hose that every good-looking, sweet-smelling, soft-talking professional truck driver in America carries will be about 10' too long.
:)

OR,
you could toss an air bubble in the back of your Ranger and make two trips.
:toothpick:
:coocoo:

Or you could drop the trailer and park the Bobtail at the trailer doors to run your hose to air up the tires.

Or you could drop the trailer and park the Bobtail at the trailer doors to run your hose to air up the tires.
That's too much like work.

Two air hoses. Milton type "M" coupler at the end of the first one, Milton type "M" male coupler at the beginning of the other.

I have a hundred footer but it's that cheap polywolywhatever crap that gets stiff & brittle in the cold, and fades in the sunlight. (Same stuff the store-bought glad hand air hoses sold at truck stops are made of) I'm planning on burying it between the workshop & the generator shed cuz that's about all those hoses are good for.

I've never owned a store-bought glad hand air hose BTW.

I made my own using a rubber hose. It didn't get stiff in the cold but it faded & cracked in the sunlight when I left it hanging on the Qualcomm transponder. So I made a new one using some kind of expensive neon yellow hose from Farm & Fleet that doesn't dry-rot and doesn't get stiff in the cold. I don't know what it's made of. Some kind of poly-woly-whatever crap but a different kind of poly-woly-whatever that's better than the cheap stuff.

Not that it would do you any good,but I wish I could find the pics of my old reefer.I ordered it in '84 with extra cross members and steel plating with 10 sets of D-rings recessed into the corrugated floor...
I used to haul aluminum coils back from the east coast.
46'long 13'high 96''wide with a 10'1'' spread..
Ah,the good old days.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom