How do you feel about automonous trucks? Would you be comfortable in driverless trucks?

If I even ended up having to ride in one of these trucks to make a living, I would be a complete jerk about company policies.

for instance, the company I am leased to has a policy against backing up on a road or making a u-turn. When I drive myself into a bad situation, I do whatever I need to in order to get out of that situation. If the truck is driving itself, gets into a mess like this, and tells me to take over, I'm simply setting the brakes, calling the company, and telling them to call out some tow trucks.

I won't lift one finger to help this sort of stupid technology along. Ok, I will lift one finger, but it won't be to help.....

Some places ya have to back in from the street so how does the company verify the location.

As for driverless trucks I think they will go down the road fine but still need a driver to supervise it and for tight manuevering.

I dunno hope I can retire before this stuff really takes hold.

Bah......... You worry too much:D:cool:
i want to see how one of these things acts in bad weather aka ice storms snow storms. i also want to see how this stupid tech acts in bad weather when it can't see the lines in the roads or read the signs or see the signl lights:biglaugh::stare1:

It looks like science fiction, but it's real. One day, seeing Prime Air vehicles will be as normal as seeing mail trucks on the road.
Putting Prime Air into service will take some time, but we will deploy when we have the regulatory support needed to realize our vision.

Please note; when we have regulatory support yea right!
Dodging trucks with no drivers and dodging being dive bombed by one of theses.

My reference is;
Amazon Prime Air

Pipe dreaming!!!
planes and some helicopters can fly themselves as well as the pilot can tell the helicopter to hover over a ship and it will!!!

I would have to first be comfortable in a driver-less four-wheeler...

And since that is never gonna happen in my lifetime, I cannot even fathom the IDEA of being comfortable in, on or around a driverless 18 wheeler.

All of the knowledge that ive gained from 35 + years of driving (and still learning everyday) would have to be rendered to a machine that is completely incapable of human thought-processing. ..

It's like thinking about eternity. My mind only fathoms beginnings and ends...how am I supposed to comprehend something that does neither?

planes and some helicopters can fly themselves as well as the pilot can tell the helicopter to hover over a ship and it will!!!
images

what do you as a truck driver think if all 3.5 million truck drivers shut down for a period of 24 hours in this country??? In total unity!!! Got any idea's share them!

what do you as a truck driver think if all 3.5 million truck drivers shut down for a period of 24 hours in this country??? In total unity!!! Got any idea's share them!
My only thought is good luck with that.

that will never happen!!!

Way too much hype over this. about 15 years ago my Uncle/ Co_driver was telling me that in about 1o years trucks would drive themselves.
I thought that was a bit ambitious but okay. I have been looking forward to it.

Fast forward and his dickhead son is telling me about how I will be out of a job.
Shut up stupid! Damn it boy! You need to get a refund on that college tuition you paid.

Airplanes have been flying on their own, Umm I don't know, Pretty sure since the '90's and Airbus. Yeah, Sunshine, They still have pilots in the flight deck and the plane lands at the wrong airport because......

The plane or the pilot done ****ed up looking at pron. True story:thumbsup::thefinger:
A few years ago there was an incident in which a flight to Minneapolis was late because both pilots were too busy playing on their laptops to notice they were approaching the destination and the plane continued on autopilot for almost an hour past it.

Shouldnt " truckdriver unity" be a completely separate topic of discussion?

Talk about rabbit-trailing....you just fell off the grid with that one.

Start a new thread.....it's like beating a dead horse....but...I wouldn't mind seeing it uselessly hashed over again...

Since you.mentioned it, were you not aware that many of the larger, nationwide companies warn during driver orientation of an immediate termination if they even think of parking their rigs in a form of protest?

Big companies, bIg money...who else has big money? The government, the petroleum industry, the food industry...

The only truckers that could intelligenty pull off a protest like that would be Owner Operators and small trucking companies...and they are running so close to their profit- margins...they won't even discuss it.

How about drivers just taking ONE single day to communicate with another random driver on the C.B.???? How about just turning the radio on?

Nobody says jack-shit anymore. No warnings of road hazards, weather...LEOs...just good ol coversation

We are so far from any kind of unity that you'd think we all hate eachother out here...

...and some of us do.

It's like "every man for himself" to say the least...

Shouldnt " truckdriver unity" be a completely separate topic of discussion?

Talk about rabbit-trailing....you just fell off the grid with that one.

Start a new thread.....it's like beating a dead horse....but...I wouldn't mind seeing it uselessly hashed over again...

Since you.mentioned it, were you not aware that many of the larger, nationwide companies warn during driver orientation of an immediate termination if they even think of parking their rigs in a form of protest?

Big companies, bIg money...who else has big money? The government, the petroleum industry, the food industry...

The only truckers that could intelligenty pull off a protest like that would be Owner Operators and small trucking companies...and they are running so close to their profit- margins...they won't even discuss it.

How about drivers just taking ONE single day to communicate with another random driver on the C.B.???? How about just turning the radio on?

Nobody says jack-**** anymore. No warnings of road hazards, weather...LEOs...just good ol coversation

We are so far from any kind of unity that you'd think we all hate eachother out here...

...and some of us do.

It's like "every man for himself" to say the least...

Thats the attitude today the "me" attitude and screw everyone else .

Zero "unity" just this phony notion of rugged individualism .

Unity is "communism"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom