How do you feel about automonous trucks? Would you be comfortable in driverless trucks?

roadscholar88

How do you feel about automonous trucks? Would you be comfortable sleeping in the cab of a driverless truck?

No.

We don't need drone trucks running amok down our highways and putting more people out of work.

How do you feel about automonous trucks? Would you be comfortable sleeping in the cab of a driverless truck?
I think the majority of drivers does not want a driverless truck period.But to answer your question,i would not feel comfortable at all.I would still be in the seat for that just in case moment.

This is just about as bright as a burned out light bulb....:biglaugh:replacement of working men/women.
Humm...Think all truck drivers who get replaced by this drive less idea should receive a life time retirement check along with a paid for in full rv of there choice. Do I hear a hell yea out there somewhere.....:nails:

Last edited:
Agree with the sentiment re: lifetime check but we know that ain't gonna happen.

It seems obvious that this is what the "owners"i.e. big money want to happen.

Get rid of the drivers and move them into becoming gas pump jockeys etc.

And they will get their way, just watch.

Nobody in power gives a damn about us little guys, we're just the stuff they scrape off the bottoms of their shoes.

Who knows how long it will take? It won't happen tomorrow but my guess is that your grandkids sure won't be driving truck.

If I even ended up having to ride in one of these trucks to make a living, I would be a complete jerk about company policies.

for instance, the company I am leased to has a policy against backing up on a road or making a u-turn. When I drive myself into a bad situation, I do whatever I need to in order to get out of that situation. If the truck is driving itself, gets into a mess like this, and tells me to take over, I'm simply setting the brakes, calling the company, and telling them to call out some tow trucks.

I won't lift one finger to help this sort of stupid technology along. Ok, I will lift one finger, but it won't be to help.....

Sure! What could possibly go wrong ?
and who's gonna be held responsible when the 80,000 pound missile causes an accident:confused-96:. you can bet your ass that truck manufactures wont take no responsibilty!!! and speaking of sleeping in the bunk whats gonna happen when the truck signals to the idiot in the bunk to take over and there asleep:confused-96:. sure what could possibly go wrong:confused-96:??? why does this remind me of a cr england or werner training course:stare1::confused-96:

and who's gonna be held responsible when the 80,000 pound missile causes an accident:confused-96:. you can bet your ass that truck manufactures wont take no responsibilty!!! and speaking of sleeping in the bunk whats gonna happen when the truck signals to the idiot in the bunk to take over and there asleep:confused-96:. sure what could possibly go wrong:confused-96:??? why does this remind me of a cr england or werner training course:stare1::confused-96:
Bah......... You worry too much:D:cool:

It all take a nose dive....
For several reasons....Cost to build this type thing.
Insurance rates threw the ceiling.
Public opinion will be negative thinking.
Government will loose funds threw taxes.
Poor highway and bridge systems now....
Job lost government cannot afford.

It looks like science fiction, but it's real. One day, seeing Prime Air vehicles will be as normal as seeing mail trucks on the road.
Putting Prime Air into service will take some time, but we will deploy when we have the regulatory support needed to realize our vision.

Please note; when we have regulatory support yea right!
Dodging trucks with no drivers and dodging being dive bombed by one of theses.

My reference is;
Amazon Prime Air

Pipe dreaming!!!

Last edited:
Way too much hype over this. about 15 years ago my Uncle/ Co_driver was telling me that in about 1o years trucks would drive themselves.
I thought that was a bit ambitious but okay. I have been looking forward to it.

Fast forward and his dickhead son is telling me about how I will be out of a job.
Shut up stupid! Damn it boy! You need to get a refund on that college tuition you paid.

Airplanes have been flying on their own, Umm I don't know, Pretty sure since the '90's and Airbus. Yeah, Sunshine, They still have pilots in the flight deck and the plane lands at the wrong airport because......

The plane or the pilot done ****ed up looking at pron. True story:thumbsup::thefinger:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread