Hoods n stacks, chicken lights n frame, cool guy trucks rule

No visor, no chicken lights, no shiny front bumper, no stacks... it’s an odd one.
Someone must’ve special ordered it that way?
It's almost like it's a megafleet award truck. Like hey thanks for 4 million miles here's a special truck: a fleet spec hood. Prolly got an automatic in it and governed to 60 too.

😏

Did somebody say brown 389 flat top? This was my last 389 sale. The guy has been driving for over 30 years and this is his first Pete. He called me from the road in disbelief that he waited this long. I was a really cool truck...and when you get it out of Pennsylvania to a state that gets sunshine, it looks even better.

Did somebody say brown 389 flat top? This was my last 389 sale. The guy has been driving for over 30 years and this is his first Pete. He called me from the road in disbelief that he waited this long. I was a really cool truck...and when you get it out of Pennsylvania to a state that gets sunshine, it looks even better.

View attachment 50577
That is a good looking ride!

No. I assure you mine would be broken enough for all of us. You know.....if I had one.
We have something in common, I used to be a banker; ergo no heart. (Commercial lending was an exercise in figuring who would stay and pay and who would go.)

In 1985 another guy and I ran a converted LCM out of Kodiak down to communities of the Pacific side of the Alaska Peninsula -- we mostly hauled building materials and there were no docs; thus the utility of a boat that has a bow that's a gate. I can't speak about the Kodiak salmon seiners, I can speak for the Chignik seiners and some of the limit seiners out of Sand Point and King Cove.

On the water, local knowledge is everything and local conditions change -- so we listened closely to those guys in the areas we sailed. Since the captains competed fiercely for salmon, insults flew through the marine VHFs and the sidebands. The most common insult was that the other guy's boat was nothing but a "slab."

Consistent with the learned judgment of @Ontario Outlaw and applying the argot of captains of those salmon seiners, that @Duck-posted shint-muckle blue KW is a "slab." We even have a few of those horrid-looking Volvos up here in Anchorage. I'm not sure they're allowed in Fairbanks.

We have something in common, I used to be a banker; ergo no heart. (Commercial lending was an exercise in figuring who would stay and pay and who would go.)

In 1985 another guy and I ran a converted LCM out of Kodiak down to communities of the Pacific side of the Alaska Peninsula -- we mostly hauled building materials and there were no docs; thus the utility of a boat that has a bow that's a gate. I can't speak about the Kodiak salmon seiners, I can speak for the Chignik seiners and some of the limit seiners out of Sand Point and King Cove.

On the water, local knowledge is everything and local conditions change -- so we listened closely to those guys in the areas we sailed. Since the captains competed fiercely for salmon, insults flew through the marine VHFs and the sidebands. The most common insult was that the other guy's boat was nothing but a "slab."

Consistent with the learned judgment of @Ontario Outlaw and applying the argot of captains of those salmon seiners, that @Duck-posted shint-muckle blue KW is a "slab." We even have a few of those horrid-looking Volvos up here in Anchorage. I'm not sure they're allowed in Fairbanks.
You’re a good man. A fine judge of women. And a scholar of the finer things

Picture that with a headache rack hooked to a deck.
Or at least I was

Tall rubber and tall stacks hit the fun pedal be walking the dog like going out of style
I was thinking of a little frame stretch and chain box between the rails and a tarp box on each side of the frame. Keep the back clean so they can see that red topped Demon of a Cummins powering it down the road. Keep the stacks lean and mean.

me too.
there is a place 30 miles away they paints the trucks,frame,and motors
the trucks look great in pics but inside they are worn out and don`t look so good
especially with oil dripping down on the new engine paint

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread