Home Time

Smith21379

I need to go over the road to gain experiance and i'm lost in the sea of companies out there. I don't care about pay, trucks, millage, type of trailer, or any of that. All i care about is the home time they offer and i can't find a site that lists companies based on the home time they offer. I would like to find a companie that hires with no experience and offers weekly home time. Either home every weekend or every other at least. None of this out for 2-3 weeks crap. They also must hire drivers from Maryland. So if anyone knows any companies offering this please let me know, thanks

You're not going to find a company thatll get u home every weekend or even 2 weeks especially u with no exp.You'll have to either stay out 4 weeks or longer or find a different line of work.Oh they all say every 14 to 17 days u can get home but that's just another one of their many lies.They'll start routing u home in a couple weeks but it'll take another 2 weeks to get u home.I know their game all too well.
I need to go over the road to gain experiance and i'm lost in the sea of companies out there. I don't care about pay, trucks, millage, type of trailer, or any of that. All i care about is the home time they offer and i can't find a site that lists companies based on the home time they offer. I would like to find a companie that hires with no experience and offers weekly home time. Either home every weekend or every other at least. None of this out for 2-3 weeks crap. They also must hire drivers from Maryland. So if anyone knows any companies offering this please let me know, thanks

I'm with Roehl and they are very good about getting me home every 11 days or 18 if I choose to stay out that long. Wish they had a rider program other than spouse or children as It would be nice to have the company.

Why do folks enter the field of trucking, knowing that the truck must move about the country, remaining in almost constant motion, and, then they're primary concern is about being home?

Okay, I know home is good, but, to accept a job as an OTR trucker, and, expect to be home is beyond naive.

Look into some smaller reefer team companies. I started in trucking 2 years ago and was fortunate enough to get hired by a Tanker company that now requires 18 months experience. There were several small companies from the Mt Airy NC area who sent recruiters to the Sage school I attended. All of them ran teams to the west coast paying around $600-750 per trip to the second seat driver. They all got you home weekly for a couple of days though usually not on the weekend. I would bet there are similar companies near you.

Yep I hear that.I put in my request for hometime today for April 6th bcause thats my birthday.By then it'll be around 6 weeks since ive been home.I could get home more if I wanted to but I choose to stay out.I guess Jason is starting to talk to the drivers that get home every weekend.He wants them to stay out at least 2 weeks at a time.
Why do folks enter the field of trucking, knowing that the truck must move about the country, remaining in almost constant motion, and, then they're primary concern is about being home?

Okay, I know home is good, but, to accept a job as an OTR trucker, and, expect to be home is beyond naive.

If you're home every other weekend, you've been out for two weeks.

Good luck in your search. Maybe a northeast regional position would work for you.

I have been out and back 2 weeks every trip so far this year except this trip, which would have been 21 days had I not run out of hours today, so now I will not be home until Monday, making this trip 24 days. Good thing about being out so long on a single run is that there is no question about me wanting to not go back out again for 4 or 5 days.

Most all of my trips are leave out of the Northwest and head somewhere East, then back West, sometimes back to the home terminal area, sometimes out to California and then North to the great Pacific Northwet. Once in a while I get a run that goes South to Cali then East to places like Ohio or Georgia then back to the home front.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread