Good Companies?

qwaynick

Its easy to find people talking bad about companies they work for on this forum. I'm wondering who the good companies are? Love to know what the other side of the fence looks like.

That's the million dollar question. I think we all would like to know the answer to this.

It is what you make of it. Every individual has his/her own experience. If you have a bad attitude or complain alot, then it will be a bad company. If you don't, well....then..... maybe you will think good of a company that someone else hates.

I figured that would be the case. Typical in the world we live in these days. People always have something negative to say but all too often bypass the positive. Where has all the good gone?

Hello, I am new to trucking as not only a profession but as a lifestyle as well. I did a lot of research on trucking companies that hire "newbies" while I was going to drivers school and I chose US Xpress. I have completed the 150 BTW hours with a trainer and have been driving for about 7 weeks now. I totally agree with its what you make of it and your attitude about the work, job and company. So far it is what I thought it would be- long hours, erratic sleep patterns and the best office window ever. In addition the truck I got was a 12 Freightliner with 74k miles on it and I have gotten really good miles. I work my butt off, make my drops on time and have met some really great drivers thus far. I feel I went in with a positive attitude with realistic expectations and that's what I have gotten. Just one more thought from my very brief experiences - who cleans up after some of you at home? Really- being a trucker doesn't mean you have to be a pig! Pick up after your self- please, sorry about that - had to bent- I feel better now :)

coffee and cope said:
Hello, I am new to trucking as not only a profession but as a lifestyle as well. I did a lot of research on trucking companies that hire "newbies" while I was going to drivers school and I chose US Xpress. I have completed the 150 BTW hours with a trainer and have been driving for about 7 weeks now. I totally agree with its what you make of it and your attitude about the work, job and company. So far it is what I thought it would be- long hours, erratic sleep patterns and the best office window ever. In addition the truck I got was a 12 Freightliner with 74k miles on it and I have gotten really good miles. I work my butt off, make my drops on time and have met some really great drivers thus far. I feel I went in with a positive attitude with realistic expectations and that's what I have gotten. Just one more thought from my very brief experiences - who cleans up after some of you at home? Really- being a trucker doesn't mean you have to be a pig! Pick up after your self- please, sorry about that - had to bent- I feel better now :)

This is the sort of information I was looking for. I see everyone talking bad about "this company" and "that company." I keep wondering if its really all that bad or if that's just what people have made it for themselves. I know its not glamourous by any means. Long hours, hard work, little sleep, away from home and very little time off. But there's gotta be something good about it.

Its easy to find people talking bad about companies they work for on this forum. I'm wondering who the good companies are? Love to know what the other side of the fence looks like.

I love my company they're great ....I drive for one of the big carriers

And life is like a garden digg it

Sure they ain't perfect ....who cares tho....neither am I so it all works out

They do a dam good job in my op

I have had a few issues tho what place doesn't

Good equipment,good pay,good bennyz

Its what you make of it that matters most

Now if some places is just being a chitbag

Well move on they ain't the only fish in the sea

How often do companies report GOOD things about a driver to DAC? Do they make reports with DAC saying "this guy's great, hire him. He can hold a steering wheel better than anyone else"?

They don't. They just report on anything bad about a driver. So that's what happens on these trucking forums. I call it "karma".

I agree with going into it with a positive attitude, as well as "expect the worst, hope for the best." I just finished a refresher with C.R. England, even after reading dozens of negative posts about them. Of all the companies I talked to, they were the only one that could help me in my situation without me having to spend thousands of dollars again to get in a driving job. CRE may or may not be the best out there. They might not be the worst either. But they gave me a chance, so I'll give them one in return. And so far, things are going good, except for them having more students than trainers available. So, I have to sit in a motel until a trainer is assigned to me.

I have a Facebook page documenting my experience with CRE and my driving career in general. Visit the page and "like" it if you don't mind. - Pop's Truckin' | Facebook

This is well said have Realistic expectations, and realize that their is a definite reason that truck drivers earn so much money. Which is because it is one of the hardest jobs out there when all aspects of it are considered. I would recommend my company BTC to any newbies looking for a good flatbed company. I really dont think there is a better paying starter company out there and we just started a percentage pay package which has given me a sizeable raise with the short runs i have been getting with high revenue! Oh i forgot to mention home every weekend guaranteed. I dont think I would be in trucking till this day if i had lucked out with BTC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread