Favorite/Current Truck Manufacturer

LaneHoney

Hello again Truckers,

We at LaneHoney are trying to gather general knowledge about you, the individual truck driver. We have appreciated all the responses so far. Our mission is to provide a transparent market that will allow carriers to earn more money, which they deserve. Here is a poll asking what is your favorite/current truck manufacturer. All responses are welcome!

my favorite truck manufacturer, is one that is well maintained and fairly up to date. one that rides fairly nice, has pulling power and has medium sized fuel tanks, not coffee can sized one.

as company drivers, we really cannot choose what we drive, just as long as everything is is in DOT working condition, and hopefully not a truck that has been abused by several drivers before we get assigned it.

if i was an owner operator, ( i think) Volvo and maybe Mack, are still the only 2 companies that a manufacturer makes all the components in the drive train, (ie) engine, transmission, drive axles, steer axles. all others and yes, (even the 2 i mentioned, can still be) , are rather more like "mongrels" or "mutts" as they are a combination of manufacturers. where now serviceability play an important part in choosing a maker, with a nationwide and maybe even Canadian service centers.

kinda makes it hard to have owned a Marmon, or a Scania, and no dealership network, like say, Freightliner, IH, Peterbilt, KW

I bought a 1968 pete in 1968 and bought 2 more over the next 3 years in the next 14 years I bought 2 more petes and over the 44 years I was in trucking, a pete is all I ever drove or owned. 2005 is the last of a good pete. that is what I think anyway. when cat left it changed everything. what do I know I was just a truck driver who worked my butt off to own a truck and be happy in what I loved to do. lol good luck with your polls.

Thanks for the responses everyone. The TruckersForum is really helping us learn your personalities and interests. We look forward to meeting many of you at the MATS this year! Keep on Truckin'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread