Dump Truckin

Coronado Kid

Cactus Patch
Hi All! I have been doing some serious thinking since I am getting my liscense in November I am trying to start off driving dump trucks at 18 and I am only 14, I have a person who will hire me to drive the dump truck a friend and I told him as long as I get 500-600 every 2 weeks Im happy. What do you think I should do Im getting a class a so I can drive dump trucks buses and semi

I started out in dump trucks.

You will learn how to "stage traffic lights" - which is a skill I still use today, especially hauling heavy. Do the schools even teach that?

You will learn to drive OFF ROAD - again a skill I still use today.

You will learn to get up early - something I still really suck at and hate immensely...

You will learn great clutch control - because of those red lights.

You will learn how to use a PTO.

Hopefully you learn when to disengage it:

You will learn to drive OFF ROAD - again a skill I still use today.
What's it actually like driving a big-truck off-road? I'd imagine you'd either need to dump all the air out of the seat, or wear a hard hat.

Little a both. It's different in really soft sand and much then on hard pack. Soft stuff is where it gets interesting.

Car license.

But still, I thought you had to be 16. South Carolina must be different.
hell if he lived in florida or south Dakota he could run out and buy his big rig NOT needing a CDL providing he's NOT using it for commercial use:rolleyes:

I am looking into getting into dump trucks. My buddy is working construction and they are making between $25 and 30 all day e'ryday , Plus overtime.

I am looking into getting into dump trucks.
Me too but I think this area I live is union-controlled which means you either gotta deal with communists bitching about this horrible thing called freedom that we all suffer from, or you're making $10/hr driving the remains of a 30 year old Freightliner that's held together with baling wire, duct tape and tarp straps.

Me too but I think this area I live is union-controlled which means you either gotta deal with communists *****ing about this horrible thing called freedom that we all suffer from, or you're making $10/hr driving the remains of a 30 year old Freightliner that's held together with baling wire, duct tape and tarp straps.
Ain't no thing! All you gots to do is stop eating samiches and start eating sangages. Ever work for the mob before @Duck E boouy?

Hi All! I have been doing some serious thinking since I am getting my liscense in November I am trying to start off driving dump trucks at 18 and I am only 14, I have a person who will hire me to drive the dump truck a friend and I told him as long as I get 500-600 every 2 weeks Im happy. What do you think I should do Im getting a class a so I can drive dump trucks buses and semi
I don't care how much you wanna drive trk you better be getting paid more then 600 every 2 weeks unless its parttime.Dump trucks are very uncomfortable theres no easy driving what so ever.After the first day you'll be saying why did I tell him id be happy with 5 or 600.00 every 2 weeks believe me.But if he pays good then a dump trk would be a good first fit for you and if you still like the construction biz after a while try side dump.

Every union job I ever had and I had many I hated everyone of them.
A year or two after I quit, I got a letter from the Teamsters saying I owe them something like $270 for "back dues" and $5 for a "withdrawal card". I tossed it in the trash.

Then another year or so goes by and they sent me a ballot so I could vote in the matter of Roadway employees taking a pay cut so YRC didn't go bankrupt. o_O

I don't remember if I threw it away or mailed it back blank in their reply envelope.

A year or two after I quit, I got a letter from the Teamsters saying I owe them something like $270 for "back dues" and $5 for a "withdrawal card". I tossed it in the trash.

Then another year or so goes by and they sent me a ballot so I could vote in the matter of Roadway employees taking a pay cut so YRC didn't go bankrupt. o_O

I don't remember if I threw it away or mailed it back blank in their reply envelope.
Ya.? Ya? i owe you what? you motha ****ing mutt!
Go get your shine box. lol

I have a part time job driving a dump truck. It takes a lot of getting used too, as off roading with a 70,000 lb truck is a completely different animal vs conventional trucking. It does have its fun moments though, especially when you get into quarries that have pathways that make Donners look like child's play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread