driver training schools

Jim

Would anyone here have first hand knowledge or offer me advice on Stevens Transport or England Trucking? I am looking for a career change and would like to attend a school that offers employment after completion of their training program. Both schools say they offer top training and the pay of both is about the same. Is any one school more reputable? Is either school more reliable to work more hours/drive more miles? Are these schools the way to go for a beginner? Thank you very much. Jim

I have not attended either school, but I have spoken with former drivers from Stevens. According to most of those that I talk to, their training program was pretty good.

It will come down to the trainer you go out on the road with after your schooling.

Would anyone here have first hand knowledge or offer me advice on Stevens Transport or England Trucking? I am looking for a career change and would like to attend a school that offers employment after completion of their training program. Both schools say they offer top training and the pay of both is about the same. Is any one school more reputable? Is either school more reliable to work more hours/drive more miles? Are these schools the way to go for a beginner? Thank you very much. Jim

Jim,

I'm a new guy. Just have a permit. I have read a lot on other sites and talked with 30-40 drivers since May. Both of these outfits have poor reputations. Steven's training is said to be alright but the pay is bad after you go to start work for them, as I understand it, 28 cpm. CR England is just said to be plan bad. I would have gone to Schneider but they shut down their training classes.

CR England????

If this is who you are talking about...

A few years ago, I made a dreadful descision to travel by greyhound bus to a terminal of their's in New Jersy I believe...

I got to the terminal by way of cab from the bus station, when I arrived and checked in. I expected to be taken to the motel....um no we have bunk beds here in the terminal for trainees..WTF??

So, I sat around for a bit and all I heard from some driver's were horror story's about how NOBODY ever passed their roadtest during orientation and they would ship you to their Salt Lake City terminal for a refresher schooling or schooling and you would be charged big money...

I found a phone, and called the cab back and had him to take me back to the bus station and got a ticket back home..

I was there a total of 1 1/2 hours (At CR England's Terminal) and left to go back home...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread