Driver school and training?

ringo

I am about to start school in Little Rock, AR through Driver Solutions. I will be sponsered by USA Trucking and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer.
1. What will the school and training for the Class A CDL be like.
2. I will be in OTR training for 4 weeks with a driver trainer, what will this be like. Is there a double sleeper in these training trucks?
3. What can you tell me about USA Trucking? Is it a good company to work for?
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Ringo

I am about to start school in Little Rock, AR through Driver Solutions. I will be sponsered by USA Trucking and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer.
1. What will the school and training for the Class A CDL be like.
2. I will be in OTR training for 4 weeks with a driver trainer, what will this be like. Is there a double sleeper in these training trucks?
3. What can you tell me about USA Trucking? Is it a good company to work for?
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Ringo

I noob myself, USA trucking has good reviews and the ppl there are nice. I thought about going with them (i live in conway, ar) but they stated they can't take me cause of my age. the CDL training is going to be like class with similuators must likely, drive around on the courses lol, cones, backing up, etc. If you don't live in arkansas they will send you back to your home state to get your CDL from your local state police department most likely. I don't know about the training trucks but I am sure that you will have no problem becuase as i know it your trainer (mentor) must be beside you when you drive so its not like a team drive, etc. If you new to arkansas hit me up pm and i can tell you some good food joints, etc. while your in training, I always try to do anything and everything in any new state i come accross. Good luck.

I went to C-1 at Fort Wyne,In. and drove fof USA for a little while. Some tips. 1. Do the practice tests that they send you in the mail.Take them several times by recording your answers on a seperate sheet of paper. Or go to Crists CDL practice tests on-line. Its free and has the entire question pool. There are 14 practice tests. If you do this you will be way ahead of the others in class and you will be able to take the actual tests sooner (testing as soon as possible is what they wanted us to do because the sooner you pass the tests, the sooner you get your permit, and the sooner you can get on the range). 2.Take good notes in class. Bring a copy of your states CDL rules booklet and a highlighter. C-1 will supply you with a similar version with the same info but in a different order. Compare both and cross reference (one way of studying) and it will help the info stick in your mind. Pay particular attention to the sections covering Pre-trip inspection and the Air-brake test. Pre-trip has about 108 items (many of which are repeated) and most students have trouble with the Air brake pressure test which is the last thing the Testor will ask right before you take the road test. 3. When on the range, if you have never driven a big truck before it can be a little intimidating. Pay attention. Watch the other students mistakes. Mistakes are the best way to learn if you can figure out what went wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread