Cutting the cord

I just dumped spectrum worst customer service and they nickel and dime you to death!!! I went to Verizon 5G whole home broadband for $ 50.00 a month since I pay Verizon for my cell. Now spectrum snail mails me with offers to go back. I just told em to take me off there lists. Since 5G is alot better than any fiber provider with download speeds in the gigs with a latency of 1 millisecond
You got 5g already, that's awesome !

I just wish the tmobile and Verizon would pull their fingers out and get going with 5g national coverage, it's taking too long.

Damn so much for saving money. 😂

I wouldn't give YouTube a penny, let alone $40. But maybe that's just me.
I've had Netflix, hulu and amazon for years and a $180 cable / tv bill for years. Now it's $89 + $40 , so it's a win for me.
YouTube TV at $10 a week fits in the budget nicely, I don't smoke only have like 6 beers a year, don't buy no fancy coffee daily ......... it's a win for me

:yippee-1:

Damn so much for saving money. 😂

I wouldn't give YouTube a penny, let alone $40. But maybe that's just me.
You Tube tv isn't too bad. I used the free trial and they have some good content. I would of kept it and paid, but I didn't use it that much.

I just wish the tmobile and Verizon would pull their fingers out and get going with 5g national coverage, it's taking too long.
i live in LA and it's one of there test markets as same with all of the carriers LA is one of there test markets. and it's verizons 5G whole home broadband. and it's awsome i would never go back to a fiber provider again!!!

5G Ultra Wideband Wireless Home Network | Verizon Wireless
they say a max of 1GBPS but it goes faster :stare1:. a tech will have to come out and do a survey on where you live and see if it will work then they will install an antenna thing mounted like a satellite dish on your home pointing in the direction of the tower along with some box thing outside. you get the first 3 months free of internet youtube t.v. free for 3 months a 4 chromecast or an apple t.v. 4 the free modem and router along with free hardware upgrades during the first year plus a free install. and it's $ 50.00 a month for verizon customers!!! the speeds are in the gigs and with a latency of 1 millisecond it's pretty sick ever download huge files at the blink of an eye:confused-96::stare1:

Last edited:
I've had Netflix, hulu and amazon for years and a $180 cable / tv bill for years. Now it's $89 + $40 , so it's a win for me.
YouTube TV at $10 a week fits in the budget nicely, I don't smoke only have like 6 beers a year, don't buy no fancy coffee daily ......... it's a win for me

:yippee-1:
Relative to what you were paying, that isn't bad.

I never had cable tv, just internet. I had Netflix and for a while then Amazon Prime and Netflix now I only have Amazon Prime and that's done next year when my sub expires. The cable internet went back in August because the intro price ended.

Once Amazon prime is over all I'll be left with is my cell. It's a little high $ because I'm on a no questions asked unlimited plan with tethering, but it makes up for not having cable anymore.

and it does go faster depending on things like nearest tower ect ect. latency is a millisecond or less

Last edited:

so you hate spectrum to:biglaugh:LOL who in the hell don't hate them:confused-96: nothing but nazi's. i dumped them all together and went with directv and the verizon 5G thing 175.00 a month for both:cool:. i know it sucks but verizon is keeping the whole 5G launch areas a big secret also. so that makes it worse on the folks that want to know when it's coming to there area there doing a good job with teasing the public. though next yea it should be available almost everywhere;). Funny how we can’t have fiber but Elon Musk is about to build a ****ing tunnel from Pico and Barrington to LAX. Lmao.:coocoo:

Last edited:
Relative to what you were paying, that isn't bad.

I never had cable tv, just internet. I had Netflix and for a while then Amazon Prime and Netflix now I only have Amazon Prime and that's done next year when my sub expires. The cable internet went back in August because the intro price ended.

Once Amazon prime is over all I'll be left with is my cell. It's a little high $ because I'm on a no questions asked unlimited plan with tethering, but it makes up for not having cable anymore.
90.00 for only 400 MBPS is a ripoff:D. hell where i'm at AT&T is only 80.00 for gigabit speeds:cool:

Last edited:
true as that may be, however many other cable companies and satellite and soon FiOS will follow. when one does it, they all do it. there is no escape.

unless one tries to escape from...

escape-from-l-a.jpg
i am lucky that i can escape the evil fiber provider and went with verizons 5G whole home internets. i know a friend of mine keeps asking verizon's gonna put it up where he lives as he tells em that he would love to dump spectrum. it will be interesting to see how many of these POS companies stay in business once 5G hits in full fledge. though i bet the POS fiber providers are doing the back haul for the 5G so you know there getting something in there pockets. i see em just doing cellphones and dumping the rest of there services

an update as of apr 11th minneapolis and chicago are getting verizons 5G whole home broadband!!! go verizon:thumbsup:. i ordered the 5g mod for my phone today can't wait no more buffering;). i could never go back to a fiber provider after using 5G. no latency issues!!! the modem even has eithernet connections and a connection for voip!!!
sprint and t-mobile aint doing 5G yet that i know of. it will be interesting to see when they start doing 5G!!! and the 5G that AT&T is doing is not real 5G and besides verizons 5G network smoked AT&T:D:p. last i knew AT&T 5G network was only putting out 300 MBPS what a ****ing laugh:p:D AT&T sucks anyways!!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread