Coming to a Lowes near you

Tazz

Infidel
Robot assisted employee's.

Lowe’s employees have a new uniform — a robotic suit

Lowe's and Virginia Tech have joined forces to develop an exosuit — a wearable robotic suit with lift-assist technology — for Lowe's store employees. The lightweight exosuit, which is designed to help employees lift and move product throughout the store more efficiently, and aids against muscle fatigue, is being piloted in Lowe's Christiansburg, Virginia, store.

If the new suit sounds like something found in a science fiction novel, there’s a reason. The idea evolved in the company's disruptive technology hub, Lowe's Innovation Lab. One concept within the hub’s narrative-driven approach is the ability for the design team to work with science fiction writers to envision the future, and use storytelling as inspiration for innovative initiatives. The Lab envisioned a future where the use of technology could provide special “superpowers” to employees and maximize performance.

So how long until Sigourney Weaver is fighting off an Alien in a Lowes?

hqdefault.jpg

Nascar fans are probably the number one frequenters of Lowes:D
i go to lowes, a lot in fact, but i waste no time watching any races....

you ever work at Lowes...??

i have..they suck to work for, so if robots take over, Lowes wins the employment race in payroll, and lousy benefits and crying about paying a hard worker overtime, which i had been a witness to at the store i worked at. a GREAT cashier was told to shut down her register and GO HOME when her shift was over, NO MATTER the number of customers standing in line at her register....

is this customer service..???

no, it is Lowes way (and i'd surmise ANY large retailer) to cut expenses, but to make sure the corporate big assholes get thier bonuses, and to show a profit at each store.

but yet...to spend just over $60 million dollars a year (as reported when i worked there in 2005) on NASCAR racing sponsorship, makes better sense, then to keep good workers...

HHMMmmmm...i guess the corporate big shot assholes.......once owned (or still own) trucking companies as well....????? in regards to pay and benefits..????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread