Can YOU back a Semi like THIS ? Let's see an Autonomous truck do it !

Always one expert in the crowd that can back a truck while doing and eating donuts. :ROL
Never said that....but there are much harder scenarios and most of us been there.

That's hilarious. You consider a 737 "squirrely." Apparently you never tried to push back a Mooney Bravo or Cessna 152. Especially into a hangar with inches on each side and behind it between it and other planes or hangar walls. Wheelbases measured in mere feet and with the Mooney, more than 20 degrees either side of straight bends linkages on the plane.
I have put away a few Cessna's and lear jets in the barn yes they are very squarrily The difference between putting one in the barn and backing a commercial jet to the taxiway is your are pushing agianst live engines and they are pushing back at you. Sometimes on snow and ice.

Last edited:
I have put away a few Cessna's and lear jets in the barn yes they are very squarrily The difference between putting one in the barn and backing a commercial jet to the taxiway is your are pushing agianst live engines and they are pushing back at you. Sometimes on snow and ice.

I bet it's really tricky to get the tug thingy hooked up to the nose wheel of a 172 while it's running. 😎

I bet it's really tricky to get the tug thingy hooked up to the nose wheel of a 172 while it's running. 😎

That's almost as dangerous as having to pull the APU plug out of a Merlin where they put the plug about a foot from the turboprop actual propeller. And those Garret's run at 98% power even on the ground. That was the scariest thing I ever did in my life.

That's almost as dangerous as having to pull the APU plug out of a Merlin where they put the plug about a foot from the turboprop actual propeller. And those Garret's run at 98% power even on the ground. That was the scariest thing I ever did in my life.
I definetly agree with that! 👍

Maybe re-read what I wrote and try again. Is a 172 a jet? No it is not! Prop plans like that you just marshall out they do not get pushed back off the gate, because there is no gate.

Ever hand start a plane? That thing goes from zero RPM with your hand on the blade to 1500 or so in less than a second.

I did it once when I was 13 and it scared the crap outta me.

A few months ago I saw a YouTube of a guy who walked into a propeller. It knocked his ass out of the way, and he was lucky it didn't do worse.

Maybe re-read what I wrote and try again. Is a 172 a jet? No it is not! Prop plans like that you just marshall out they do not get pushed back off the gate, because there is no gate.
OK what part of this does NOT imply pushing a Cessna into the hangar,... barn, whatever y'all wanna call em up there?

I have put away a few Cessna's and lear jets in the barn

AND.. what part of my comment about attaching a push-back dolly to the nose wheel of a front engine, puller prop aircraft while it's running, did not strike you as pure smartassery? 😁

Ever hand start a plane? That thing goes from zero RPM with your hand on the blade to 1500 or so in less than a second.

I did it once when I was 13 and it scared the crap outta me.

A few months ago I saw a YouTube of a guy who walked into a propeller. It knocked his ass out of the way, and he was lucky it didn't do worse.

No. Where I worked prohibited it. So few planes are hand propped anymore anyway.

I had a friend that walked into a prop at the airport. he died in hospital.
From the accounts that I heard rom people that were there, he was in shock and pretty much dead before he was pronounced at hospital
The Merlin that @BrandonCDLtrucker is talking about has the GPU connection waaay to close to the prop for my comfort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread