• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

BEWARE of FOODLINER from DUBUQUE IA

What was your area in? It seems drivers are unhappy.

Yeah, if you worked out of the same terminal I did, you would probably have the same opinion. Like it way better where I am at now. Never had so many people try to help me and the company succeed. Other drivers actually offer advice about going to customers and the specifics to watch for. Our safety record here and accident rate is very low. We have a safe procedure and we stick to it, there is no real pressure to hurry hurry hurry. We get it done and you are dispatched with reasonable expectations. They also pay you for everything you do, I mean everything. Give you things like hearing protection, gloves and the tools you need to do your job. Pays way better to. When I do a pretrip, there is actually some brake shoe on the vehicle, good rubber, trucks are clean. I dont know about you, but Foodliner just didnt give a shit about the driver, at least where I worked. There were a few yes men who the managers seemed to like, but for the most part, if you complained about safety or other issues, the managers were out to get you. I actually had a better relationship with my snot nosed dispatcher than I had with terminal management. Once we got use to one another, he seemed to leave me alone. Still...some of the unrealistic expectations, good thing the peoplenet didnt record speed...right. Take care and enjoy your job if you like it. It just wasnt for me.

That's the way it should be with every company,TEAMWORK.But unfortunately those companies are few and far between.Glad u like where you're at now.Did Foodliner have a huge turn over rate because of their no care attitude????
Yeah, if you worked out of the same terminal I did, you would probably have the same opinion. Like it way better where I am at now. Never had so many people try to help me and the company succeed. Other drivers actually offer advice about going to customers and the specifics to watch for. Our safety record here and accident rate is very low. We have a safe procedure and we stick to it, there is no real pressure to hurry hurry hurry. We get it done and you are dispatched with reasonable expectations. They also pay you for everything you do, I mean everything. Give you things like hearing protection, gloves and the tools you need to do your job. Pays way better to. When I do a pretrip, there is actually some brake shoe on the vehicle, good rubber, trucks are clean. I dont know about you, but Foodliner just didnt give a shit about the driver, at least where I worked. There were a few yes men who the managers seemed to like, but for the most part, if you complained about safety or other issues, the managers were out to get you. I actually had a better relationship with my snot nosed dispatcher than I had with terminal management. Once we got use to one another, he seemed to leave me alone. Still...some of the unrealistic expectations, good thing the peoplenet didnt record speed...right. Take care and enjoy your job if you like it. It just wasnt for me.

I kinda roam around the Eddyville, Chicago, Minnesota and Indiana areas. i've found most terminals to be helpful if i asked the right questions and right people. i find it strange that none of the other Foodliner drivers would help you if you didn't know something. i'd have been lost 10 times over without their help - most guys if i asked would give me help if i was going to a new customer. i don't know about the turnover rate here if it is high or not. i heard once it was way below the industry average, can't say if that is right or not. sorry your time here wasn't good, i'm doing OK for now. its not perfect but what company is?

All I can say is what someone else said on here. Foodliner will be like "death by a thousand knives." Good luck to you.

I kinda roam around the Eddyville, Chicago, Minnesota and Indiana areas. i've found most terminals to be helpful if i asked the right questions and right people. i find it strange that none of the other Foodliner drivers would help you if you didn't know something. i'd have been lost 10 times over without their help - most guys if i asked would give me help if i was going to a new customer. i don't know about the turnover rate here if it is high or not. i heard once it was way below the industry average, can't say if that is right or not. sorry your time here wasn't good, i'm doing OK for now. its not perfect but what company is?

All I can say is what someone else said on here. Foodliner will be like "death by a thousand knives." Good luck to you.

Well, theres also people in this thread who think backing into tight spaces is reason enough to call this a bad company.

backing into tight spaces is an everyday occurrence in trucking, and I'm wondering if this thread hasn't been infested by whiners.

Fact is, this company may really be affected by what is posted here. And if these rookies actually think a customer that's been in the same location for god knows how many years should change their location to suit people who get nervous backing up, then that's a true shame.

Well, theres also people in this thread who think backing into tight spaces is reason enough to call this a bad company.

backing into tight spaces is an everyday occurrence in trucking, and I'm wondering if this thread hasn't been infested by whiners.

Fact is, this company may really be affected by what is posted here. And if these rookies actually think a customer that's been in the same location for god knows how many years should change their location to suit people who get nervous backing up, then that's a true shame.

All I can tell you is go get a job with them, then come talk to me. FYI Ive been doin this a few years, aint no rookie. You ofcourse are welcome to your opinion. This site is getting old, voice your opinion and all of a sudden some macho man is calling you a rookie, whiner....get real. Folks like you, if you are a driver, is whats wrong with this industry. If you complain you are a whiner or a rookie...etc...no one really wants to listen to the facts. I am done with this web site...it pretty is a waste of time. Good luck to you macho...

i agree backing into tight spots is just a part of truckin. though i get into some really tight spots with Foodliner, i'm at least thankful i don't have a 53 footer and a big hood pete to deal with.

For your info..guy named HOGBOY is a Foodliner manager/use to be driver. So if you work for them be careful you dont identify where you work or he will most likely get you dogged even more than you are getting dogged now. Be Careful, dirty companies have people watch these sites and put out bs trying to confuse you.
Good luck out there and dont let any dispatcher push you into being unsafe.

FYI for anyone reading this. I was allowed back into the site, but threatened that I may not be allowed back in by one of the administrators here. Not sure which one. Be aware there are multiple sites like this that can provide you with unbiased information about a particular company. Trucking is a hard life, but you can make an honest living doing it. The main thing is you cant let any one company get you a bad reputation or bad stuff on your DAC. If you are a dirt bag, then you deserve it, but the trend these days is to get a driver, smear them anyway they can, that way its hard for you to move on and then they can abuse you cause you have no other choice. If you are on the up and up, do a good job, work hard etc...then dont let them hurt your reputation for peddly stuff..you see that happening, then it is time to move on before they can establish a bad rep for you. There are ways to appeal anything put onto your DAC by a company and most companies HATE additional paperwork. Ill probably be banned after this post..so good luck out there, Spring life is easy, money is easier to make. Be safe.

Hey Joe excellent advice.I don't get why you've been banned at all.You've never said anything wrong that I can see.I hope you don't get banned.There's nothing wrong with what you said in this post.
FYI for anyone reading this. I was allowed back into the site, but threatened that I may not be allowed back in by one of the administrators here. Not sure which one. Be aware there are multiple sites like this that can provide you with unbiased information about a particular company. Trucking is a hard life, but you can make an honest living doing it. The main thing is you cant let any one company get you a bad reputation or bad stuff on your DAC. If you are a dirt bag, then you deserve it, but the trend these days is to get a driver, smear them anyway they can, that way its hard for you to move on and then they can abuse you cause you have no other choice. If you are on the up and up, do a good job, work hard etc...then dont let them hurt your reputation for peddly stuff..you see that happening, then it is time to move on before they can establish a bad rep for you. There are ways to appeal anything put onto your DAC by a company and most companies HATE additional paperwork. Ill probably be banned after this post..so good luck out there, Spring life is easy, money is easier to make. Be safe.

Hey Patty: Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well for you out on the big road wherever it takes you to make a living. I hope I dont get banned either. I got back on cause I saw a big billboard on 294 heading into Chicago about Foodliner. They are hiring AGAIN and just thought Id get the word out for anyone who might be thinking about stepping through their door. On another site, that guy named HOGBOY has been identified as a Foodliner mole. I am not sure if he means any harm here and his experience here may very well be harmless. However, he should identify himself as who he really is. I did get an e-mail that told me to keep it up and that no one had banned me, but if I keep it up that would not be a problem. I aint crazy, I know when I have been locked out of a web site and let back in. No biggie though, there are lots of ways for us drivers to get the word out. You got my regular el-mail, I run nights so if your runnin late some night and want to shoot the breeze, shoot me an e-mail and Ill give you my number.
Be safe and I hope you make a lot of money this year regardless of the high fuel cost. Its times like these I am glad I dont own my own truck anymore, but I will always miss that freedom. Take Care

Sorry that you feel i can't be trusted. i've spilled the beans before on this site. I am a non-driving employee at Foodliner - no secrets to hide. I take offense to be called a mole, though i have a very acute sense of smell like a mole my eyesight is a whole lot better! We had put up a billboard in Chicago for hiring drivers in the Chicago area and around different parts of the country since EVERYONE that is a truck driver has to go to Chicago once in a while. You make is sound like we are hiring AGAIN as if that is a bad thing. We are expanding, taking on more business and growing - that is a good thing! How many trucking companies can say that about themselves? i'll stop my pitch now for the company but if anyone has a question feel free to ask, even if you are a current driver for Foodliner.

PS, i don't get to check this often but i will respond to you when i can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread