Best truck seat for around $1,000?

By far the best seat I've ever owned is tree Bostrom wide ride. I had a legacy in my Mack and it was good, but in the Columbia, it was awful.

I put the wide ride Serta in my truck a few days ago, out on my first trip with it now. 350 miles in the seat today and it is far more comfortable than my National ever was.

I looked at the Legacy Gold, and it just looked to be out together as cheaply as my National was.

I put the wide ride Serta in my truck a few days ago, out on my first trip with it now. 350 miles in the seat today and it is far more comfortable than my National ever was.

I looked at the Legacy Gold, and it just looked to be out together as cheaply as my National was.
My only complaint was it took a good month to loosen up. I've got 60,000 miles on mine and is more comfortable then when I installed it.

I've been looking at those Bostrom Wide Ride II seats. How are you liking it after having some time with it ?
I don't.

Find a seat that has some shock absorption to it.

On rough roads, I basically need to deflate the seat completely. Otherwise, it bottoms out really hard due to low air, or shoots me into the air with too much air.

To reach a comfort level and minimize the bounce on normal roads, I have to put the seal lower than I really like.

Going forward, I wouldn't buy a seat that doesn't have a shock absorber to minimize the bounce, and a tension adjustment to control the back and forth movement. This seat has neither.

And, if you have a narrow cab, this seat causes additional problems as it really narrows your path to the sleeper, and the space between the seat and the shifter. Doesn't seem like much, but on a daily basis it becomes a pain.

And, if you have a narrow cab, this seat causes additional problems as it really narrows your path to the sleeper, and the space between the seat and the shifter. Doesn't seem like much, but on a daily basis it becomes a pain.
Explains why you're back on the diet...

:thumbsup:

I don't.

On rough roads, I basically need to deflate the seat completely. Otherwise, it bottoms out really hard due to low air, or shoots me into the air with too much air.

To reach a comfort level and minimize the bounce on normal roads, I have to put the seal lower than I really like.

Going forward, I wouldn't buy a seat that doesn't have a shock absorber to minimize the bounce, and a tension adjustment to control the back and forth movement. This seat has neither.

Wait...even my old KW seat has a lever to stiffen the ride. When it's...I'll call it unlocked...you get that nice smooth sway action. When you lock it it still bounces but doesn't go forward and backwards and bounces less.

I mean it's old so both those actions are built into the same mechanism but that's what it's for.

On Pumpkin I think they separated it into a knob for one action and a lever for the other.

Are you saying you don't have anything like that?

Wait...even my old KW seat has a lever to stiffen the ride. When it's...I'll call it unlocked...you get that nice smooth sway action. When you lock it it still bounces but doesn't go forward and backwards and bounces less.

I mean it's old so both those actions are built into the same mechanism but that's what it's for.

On Pumpkin I think they separated it into a knob for one action and a lever for the other.

Are you saying you don't have anything like that?
I know exactly the knob your talking about. I'm going to find out who made the 379X seats,I loved them,my Dad loved them. They were great seats. I know seats inc makes the ones in alot of the pete's now,the seats in ones aren't bad but I prefer leather.

I don't.

The narrow cab isn't a issue for me because XLs have huge cabs but the no shock absorber and getting bounced everywhere would SUCK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread