Autonomous Trucking Gaining Ground in China

Mike

In China, autonomous trucking is coming faster than expected. Chinese driverless truck startup Fabu Technology said June 12 that its driverless trucks already have taken part in open road tests and it plans to offer intercity cargo transportation this year, which is expected to radically reshape the nation’s freight transportation market. “Our self-driving truck is expected to achieve intercity cargo transportation this year, within-city freight delivery by 2019 and interprovince delivery by 2020,” said He Xiaofei, founder and CEO of Fabu, who was also former senior deputy president and a top self-driving expert of Chinese ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing.

Autonomous Trucking Gaining Ground in China

I am about as sure of the news coming out of china as I am the news coming out of North Korea.
Did you know they won the world cup of soccer last time around?
The communists do know that!:rolllaugh:

I am not going to make an Asian robo driver joke:harumph:

All joking aside, it is good to watch what they are doing over there. If they are seen to be having success at this, you can bet the push will become stronger over here.

All joking aside, it is good to watch what they are doing over there. If they are seen to be having success at this, you can bet the push will become stronger over here.
I was actually being quite honest. The news coming out of communist countries is not reliable!

Yeah but they don't have the safety regs we have here.

I can see Schneiderp, Swiftight, and Jibby Hoont trying to set up shop over there though. 🙄

Keep autonomous trucks and cars in Europe, and Asia. We do not need more electronics in trucks, or cars. We need auto trucks like we need automatic trans trucks. What this industry really needs is better background checks. We are receiving to many convicts, felons, alcoholics, and down right idiots. Between insurance and the idiots on the road. This has made our industry a place that is being ruled and regulated to death

wonders how long it will last once things start to malfunction and the POS start catching on fire:biglaugh::D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread