Trucking News: Amazon cuts ties with more delivery providers

I think it's because Amazon is going to use their own delivery vans. Across from the giant fulfillment center in Kenosha is another warehouse with tons of brand new little sprinter vans all ready to go.

In essence, it seems that Amazon is beginning to prefer the reliability of a private fleet over Vlad the Crazy Cossack.

I can't imagine where they might have gotten the idea.

That's my guess, anyway.

I think it's because Amazon is going to use their own delivery vans. Across from the giant fulfillment center in Kenosha is another warehouse with tons of brand new little sprinter vans all ready to go.

In essence, it seems that Amazon is beginning to prefer the reliability of a private fleet over Vlad the Crazy Cossack.

That's my guess, anyway.
No surprise there. And offer $15/hr warehouse workers an easy driving job outside for a sweet ass $17/hr. They won't have trouble getting people to bite. Almost everyone inside standing would rather be outside sitting.

They already have employees in day cabs.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's my guess, anyway.
I think you are correct!
Just across the street from us is an Amazon "fulfillment" center and their parking lot is full of rented or leased vans, Sprinters etc. Sometimes you get out on the roadway for all the vans making a left without even so much as a turn signal.

I think you are correct!
Just across the street from us is an Amazon "fulfillment" center and their parking lot is full of rented or leased vans, Sprinters etc. Sometimes you get out on the roadway for all the vans making a left without even so much as a turn signal.
Yeah I've seen them being transported en masse.

One guy was bragging about his big money pulling prime trailers. I told him if he considers it big money, enjoy it while it lasts. I know it isn't final mile but they're gonna integrate all of it eventually.

I think you are correct!
Amazon has been receiving a lot of flak for using contractors, allegedly to weasel out of legal liabilities when they crash their vehicles.

Maybe they're trying to change that.

Amazon does not, can not work for me.
Sure it is great if you live in a house and they can just leave the package on the porch on in the garage.
if you live in an apartment it seems like a huge pain in the asshole to wait around all day for a delivery.
I'd rather just go to the store and get it myself.
Yeah I have a porch specifically for Amazon.

Amazon does not, can not work for me.
Sure it is great if you live in a house and they can just leave the package on the porch on in the garage.
if you live in an apartment it seems like a huge pain in the asshole to wait around all day for a delivery.
I'd rather just go to the store and get it myself.
They don't have the lockers up there? Doesn't work for big stuff, but for smaller boxes it works

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread