ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE

Actually this thread tanked at about post #3, so if I got all wound up, I'd have to can the whole thing and I just don't feel like doing that. Plus, it still has a chance.

Like I said in a contribution to this thread earlier, Open Office dot org has free versions of all the MicroShit office stuff and anyone should be able to figure out how to make it stand up and keep track of their business, trucking or otherwise.

Did I mention it was FREE?

Like I said in a contribution to this thread earlier, Open Office dot org has free versions of all the MicroShit office stuff and anyone should be able to figure out how to make it stand up and keep track of their business, trucking or otherwise.

Did I mention it was FREE?

yea you did mention it...

I do suppose if it is free, it will be one thing you won't be able to deduct as a business expense.
yes true but deducting it from your expenses means you spent the whole $$ amount. Getting it for free means you pay a % of the $$ amount in taxes. The remainder of the $$ amount goes in your own pocket to save or perhaps buy something such as chocolate or high heels. It gets down to how you decide to spend the money. Spending every $$ you have to avoid paying taxes is dumb no matter how you look at it.

yes true but deducting it from your expenses means you spent the whole $$ amount. Getting it for free means you pay a % of the $$ amount in taxes. The remainder of the $$ amount goes in your own pocket to save or perhaps buy something such as chocolate or high heels. It gets down to how you decide to spend the money. Spending every $$ you have to avoid paying taxes is dumb no matter how you look at it.

I would have no problem spending $$ on chocolate, but I draw the line at high heels!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread