579 electrical problems

Thunder1978

I have a 2020 pete 579 the radio locks up where nothing on the faceplate as far as buttons or knob works. I can shut the truck off and it still plays and wont shut of till I pull the fuse. Then all is fine for a day or two then its does it again. Also went home for the first time and my headlights and all started cutting on and off by themselves. I pulled every fuse in the cab and on the firewall that said light and they still did it I had to unhook the batteries? Peterbilt as usual is a bunch of glorified parts changers and has no clue and act like they dont give a rat's butt either has anyone else had similar issues?

Attachments

• 20190703_195134.jpg
    20190703_195134.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 2
The radio problem is likely caused by the cheap ass factory radio in these things. Mine will stay on but if I cycle the key back on for 10-15 seconds and shut it back off it turns off. The head lights thing sounds like there may be an intermittent ground problem in the body controller. I am not familiar enough with Pete’s system to really point you in a direction there. Sorry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread