§ 392.9 Inspection of cargo, cargo securement devices and systems.

Here ya go. Login to the FMCSA Portal. Right there in black and white.

My guess is that the safety guy wasn't given the tools he needs to do his job???

View attachment 19929

You mean the yellow blob that's suspiciously shaped like a [MENTION=7569]Duck[/MENTION]??
View attachment 19929

Reactions: Tim
My score is 77. Just a few months ago it was a 1. It goes up over time all by itself. Even though my score is 77 they won't bother me since the combination of all other data says to leave me alone.

Sinister, the ISS score is the one that sets off the scale house alarm. If you have PrePass they have a heads up and red light you. If you work for a company that has a bad reputation you all pay for it even though it maybe just one person.

Everyone pretty much has the same setup in the scale houses. They can set the computer to whatever they like. Screw all people from ND, screw Landstar, screw anyone from Chicago that works for XXX and has a history of log book violations. Green light everyone from my home state and red light all the others.

Uhm no. They set prepass to the % of trucks they want to see, then they.pull the ones they want on the scale. Well at least in Tennessee.

Uhm no. They set prepass to the % of trucks they want to see, then they.pull the ones they want on the scale. Well at least in Tennessee.

So you went in and they gave you a tour on how it works???? I think not.

Those prepass sites are fully computerized and they can set any parameter they want. It's not like there's this huge dial on the wall that they turn from 0% to 100%...lol

So you went in and they gave you a tour on how it works???? I think not.

Those prepass sites are fully computerized and they can set any parameter they want. It's not like there's this huge dial on the wall that they turn from 0% to 100%...lol

Actually I volunteered when the TTA was doing courtesy checks at Manchester scale along with Kelvin( Safety guy) , Stephen (operations manager), Wayne ( maintenance manager), and a few others from other Tennessee based carriers whom are members.

You are correct it is not a big dial. It is in fact a computer program for managing the pre-pass system.
Now when they pull your number on the scale they see your ISS and then decide if they want to take a look. Or at the new scale the cameras and sensors as you enter do something similar to what your claiming pre-pass does by popping up the carriers numbers/ plate number and vehicle number. It's pretty cool in all honesty.

We did get a tour of that scale but I have not had the opportunity to do a safety check day there yet. Maybe next year.

I was kidding about the dial.

I spent a long time at a Kentucky scale around 3am once. I was there for a few hours. Made coffee for him and me. He was pretty cool. I was FLOORED by how much personal information he pulled up on me!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom