whos better for home time?

spraywop

just got my CDL. my mind is off center. what company is cool with National Guard guys haveing drills weekends?

Home every weekend? That sounds tough. Ok, I can't help it but you need a new avatar. I'm thinking zombie apocalyptic truck driver

Schnieder claims to be military friendly like that, but Ive never actually worked for them. there are some here that do, or you can go to Pumpkindriver.com they have a pretty good website. Good luck

When I first started with Swift, I was still on reserve status. They never had a problem getting me home for drill weekends and didn't give me any grief at all about the two weeks' duty each year.

But then, it's federal law they're not allowed to prevent you from serving your reserve time.

When I first started with Swift, I was still on reserve status. They never had a problem getting me home for drill weekends and didn't give me any grief at all about the two weeks' duty each year.

But then, it's federal law they're not allowed to prevent you from serving your reserve time.
A friend of mine is a mentor for swift and also Guard member...might go that way. thanks Injun

I drive for a company that tries to get u home on weekends, they usually do. (reset). It's kinda hard to find a company like that when you are just starting out. Most Mega fleets are out 2 or 3 weeks, but smaller companies have different options. Get your apps. out and maybe you will get lucky. Might try LTL companies. might get lucky. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Think I found a company my cousin works at. a five minute drive for me hauling oil tankers their off weekends and home most of the week. he said their short a driver nobody had put an app in forever. since Ive got the endorsement tractor tanker might be for me. have a good safe new year.

Nothin' personal spraywop....ok maybe just a little...

Anyone can drive a truck.

Few can emotionally handle OTR.

You already know if you can drive OTR or simply work locally and your posts are obvious enough to me to give you my input.

Stay home.

Find a local gig and be happy.

You already know if you can drive OTR or simply work locally and your posts are obvious enough to me to give you my input.

Stay home.

Tha

Stay home.

Thanks Dubble D

most companies he will be out 2-3 weeks at a time if not longer before even seeing home again:bonk::bonk:. ok here it is your first year will SUCK grin and bear it you will be out 2-3 weeks at a time if not longer just suck it up :hide: once you get that first magical year under your belt then doors will start opening up for you and things will get better. if your married or have important obligations at home I would seriously think about getting into the industry. now if you can get a local gig that would be great but most companies will want to see a year of OTR driving before they consider hiring someone as they want to make sure that you can drive in all kinds of weather conditions!!!

most companies he will be out 2-3 weeks at a time if not longer before even seeing home again:bonk::bonk:. ok here it is your first year will SUCK grin and bear it you will be out 2-3 weeks at a time if not longer just suck it up :hide: once you get that first magical year under your belt then doors will start opening up for you and things will get better. if your married or have important obligations at home I would seriously think about getting into the industry. now if you can get a local gig that would be great but most companies will want to see a year of OTR driving before they consider hiring someone as they want to make sure that you can drive in all kinds of weather conditions!!!
Did anybody bother to read his last post?
Think I found a company my cousin works at. a five minute drive for me hauling oil tankers their off weekends and home most of the week. he said their short a driver nobody had put an app in forever. since Ive got the endorsement tractor tanker might be for me. have a good safe new year.

Congrats, driver. Hope it works well for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread