Wreaths Across America and National Placement Day

Tazz

Infidel
Welcome

Tomorrow 12/17/2016 is the day we pay respect to fallen warriors by placing a wreath on their graves.
winter_at_arlington.jpg

There are locations across the US looking for volunteers to place wreaths. If nothing else tell someone of a fallen warrior so that their name remains known.soldier.jpg A person dies twice: once when they take their final breath, and later, the last time their name is spoken.

Remember the Fallen
Honor Their Sacrifice
Teach the next Generation

I had the honor of attending two of the relay ceremonies this week as we distributed the wreaths to National Cemeteries across the country.

I had the honor of watching a Grandfather play taps to honor his fallen Grandson. His name was Christopher D Mayberry 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 1st Marine Division, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force Died due to injuries received from hostile fire in Al Anbar Province, Iraq, on April 7, 2004

I had the honor of helping a Ranger honor his brother still listed as missing presumed dead in Vietnam. His name was Daniel Day Entrican. He was last seen surrounded by NVA and Viet Cong forces attempting to cover the removal of two of his men who were KIA.

Capt. Daniel Entrican - MAC V SOG - MIA [Archive] - Professional Soldiers ®

It was the impact Post 2618 Cmdr. Billy Hughes was hoping for when, months ago, he began planning Entrican's ceremony to officially dedicate the building that bears his name.
"What really struck me is how the family responded," he said. "It let them know people still care about those who gave everything they had for the country."
Entrican gave everything he had in the thick jungle on May 8, 1971, 39 years to the day before the ceremony in his honor.
He was a member of Recon Team Alaska, a highly skilled Special Forces group attached to the covert Military Assistance Command, Vietnam - Studies and Observation Group. Entrican's team was inserted into the Da Krong Valley on May 15, 1971, and was overwhelmed by North Vietnamese Army forces near the Laotian border two days later.
With squadmates killed and wounded, Entrican ordered the remainder of his force to move out while he held his ground. He was last seen on May 18, 1971, and sources reported the capture of an American in the vicinity on that date, though there's no way of knowing whether or not it was Entrican. Search and rescue attempts did not succeed.

I had the honor of dining with a Grandmother who's Granddaughter she raised is deployed in the middle east. Her Father was a fallen warrior and the Daughter followed in his footsteps. His name was David Ulmer died by hostile fire in Vietnam 11/5/1968

I had the honor of presenting a wreath to the Father of Adam Fales a fellow Walmart Driver to lay at his sons headstone. Adam Fales was killed 12/16/2005 by hostile fire in Fallujah, Iraq.
Today marks the eleventh anniversary of his death. The wreath breaking with tradition was laid today.

Tomorrow as you go through your day at 12:00 EST please give one minute of silence in honor of our fallen. And then tell someone about a fallen warrior you know. As I had the honor to participate in these ceremonies I was reminded of a quote.....

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - George S. Patton

#SayTheirNames

When we lay wreaths on veterans' graves, we say their names.

We encourage every volunteer who places a wreath on a veteran's grave to say that veteran's name aloud and take a moment to thank them for their service to our country. It's a small act that goes a long way toward keeping the memory of our veterans alive.

We are not here to “decorate graves." We're here to remember not their deaths, but their lives.
—Karen Worcester, Executive Director of Wreaths Across America

Last edited:
Tomorrow as you go through your day at 12:00 please give one minute of silence in honor of our fallen.
Everybody_stands_for_the_Cat_National_Anthem.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread