Who will hire me?

harleync

Hi,
I drove for Werner for 1 yr. I had 3 minor, truckstop incidents. None were DOT recordable. All 3 resulted in minor scrapes. Those were all within my first yr. I have one seatbelt ticket on my DMV. Werner let me go and now I can't find a job. I drove a flatbed, then van. I stayed on the road, hardly ever home. Drove 45 states. Can anybody tell me who will hire me. I am a good driver and desperate to get back on the road! I would really appreciate any suggestions!
harleync

Hi Harley and welcome to the forum.I drove for Werner almost 3 yrs.Did they let you go because of your mishaps or did they let you go because freight is slow?I would'nt think what is on your MVR is too bad.Some companies hire drivers with alot worse things on their MVR.But then you have to take into consideration that the economy is bad.That may put a damper on getting hired.I'll tell you what I told another looking for a job.Get off your high horse and keep on looking.Don't depend on forums to get you a job.Call recruiters up and tell them your situation and if they can't help you then ask them if they can reccomend any companies. It may take some time but you'll find a job. Take Care and good luck Patty

With one year on the road, and only one reference, any company is sure to check your background by calling Werner. Any idea what they will tell them? Did Werner report these incidents on your DAC? If Werner gives you a bad reference than it could be quite a task to find work in a down economy. Companies know that they can take the "pick of the litter" since so many are out of work. Because of this, they are not as flexible when hiring drivers with even slighly questionable histories. I would suggest you check the major carriers firsts; i.e Schneider, J.B., Swift, etc.... You have a better chance to get on since they love to hire new drivers, and pay them lower rates. I hate to say that, but it is the reality of the situation. You may have to accept .32 P.M. until you get another solid year under your belt, and hopefully by then the economy will swing the other way. Let us know how you are making out, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks. I got a copy of my DAC. Werner put all 3 on it. Rated me as review before rehiring. That was all that was on it. I had a good dispatcher--no problems. No problems with loads. Talked to Schneider today. They said given the volume of applications they would not go forward with my ap. because of the 3 incidents. Werner let me go in Dec. so my bills are piling up. I am willing to take any job at this point, just can't find one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread