who to drive for

Dallas_890

How it going just joined the sight and as I said in the introduce yourself section I'm getting ready to go back on the road. Don't have a lot of experience so I pretty much have to choose between Werner, knight, CR or Swift. I've talk to all and they will hire me with what experience I have. Im leaning to Swift because im in the National Guard and they are the only one who really seemed to have no problem with my drill schedule, but of those four who is better to drive for.

None of those companies really shine, nor do any really these days.

SWIFT seems to be really improved over the years (@Injun forces us to say that or she will kill us). Seriously, they do seem much better now than in the past.

That said, it really comes down to who is strongest in the area you live in. I would imagine that Knight probably has a pretty strong freight base out there.

I would not touch Werner or CR England personally.

Im moving back to Vegas and knight does seem strong out there and I might have more of a chance for a regional or dedicated run with them, but Swift seems to being doing well too. Man, there recruiters remind me of military recruiters and what they try to sell you. I guess ill just grab my lucky quarter and flip for. Thanks guys for the help.

If that's you in your avatar, you look almost identical to my neighbor Joe. I only talk to him maybe once or twice a year when the creek floods around his house & I go drag out the "No Wake" signs. People never slow down & they send big waves of water into his garage.

If that's you in your avatar, you look almost identical to my neighbor Joe. I only talk to him maybe once or twice a year when the creek floods around his house & I go drag out the "No Wake" signs. People never slow down & they send big waves of water into his garage.

I am quitting my job, moving next door to you, and just going to stare though the window until I have seen enough to write a book :)

Swift has a drop yard in Las Vegas. Can't really call it a terminal because there's really not much there, but it is a place to park the truck while you're home.

Freight...plenty of Swift freight in the area. Also, there are several dedicated accounts based in/around Salt Lake City that go to Vegas: Costco, WalMart and a new one going in next door (I hear) to the SLC terminal for Winco.

I don't know much about Knight except they recently lost a lawsuit to the tune of nearly a hundred million dollars for one of their drivers killing a guy and then them covering it up. The driver was way over his hours. It's a long story.

As far as military commitments, Swift did not give me one iota of trouble for my needed time for Reserve time. They made sure I was home for that.

I would also go with Swift. I think there's a girl that drives for Swift on here. I didn't think they allowed girls but may be wrong. I think they give them automatic transmissions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread