what model truck is this?

NO NO NO that's one of dem special w900L aero hood trucks

70 ton is pretty common, You can still get Series 60 Detoilet, but the C16 is also popular. Speeds, well the road speed over there is 100Km/Hr and they'll often stick to that on the cruise control and just steer. There's a LOT of long flat straight stretches, especially along the Nullaboor Plain.

Last edited:
70 ton is pretty common, You can still get Series 60 cummins, but the C16 is also popular. Speeds, well the road speed over there is 100Km/Hr and they'll often stick to that on the cruise control and just steer. There's a LOT of long flat straight stretches, especially along the Nullaboor Plain.
What is it with communist monarchies & they're ridiculous 63 mph speed limits?

I need Wyoming & some parts of Texas the speed limit is 80 mph.

80 mph. o_O

That's 128.7 km/h.

:usflag:

NT had NO speed limit... just like the German Auotbahn.

That changed a while back, I think they're now 140.

It will be last time that cutie from down under ask a truck driver anything. All I know that truck is one ugly some beach.

What is it with communist monarchies & they're ridiculous 63 mph speed limits?

I need Wyoming & some parts of Texas the speed limit is 80 mph.

80 mph. o_O

That's 128.7 km/h.

:usflag:
Here in Texas we call "80" 90, I live literally next to the toll road that you can legally go 80 on, it used to be 85, well it's normal for people to be cruising 105.

So 3 trailers and all they carry is 70 tons? I got only 1 and carry 26 tons of payload to a total of 42, and I'm only 57 feet long.

Thats cargo only, so add the truck and trailer weights and you're pushing over the 100 ton mark for the combo. Road trains are less to do with total gross weight and more to do with doing with 1 truck what would take 3 americans to do.

Theres a couple of roo rooters on here, they'd know more about road trains then me, but IIRC the MC licence tops out at a 170 ton road train before requiring additional permits et al. I'm not sure how many trailers that would be, but I've seen pics of a 5 trailer combo under way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread