Weird... ASMR

quillcom

Never ever heard of this until now. I ran across this on youtube and I had no idea what was going on.

People were whispering, tapping their fingers lightly, crunching paper into a ball in front of a microphone :dunno:.
Supposedly all kinds of sounds like that very lightly produced is supposed to make you fall asleep real fast.

I guess its like falling asleep to rainfall or something but much weirder....

"Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) describes the deep relaxation and pleasant scalp tingling Trusted SourceNational Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Sourcesome people feel in response to quiet sounds such as whispering, or quiet sounds combined with gentle movements and personal attention. This phenomenon was only named in 2010, but it has gained significant traction online among people who claim that activating this response helps them relax and sleep better. Using ASMR to Sleep Better | Sleep Foundation."

ASMR vids are all over youtube and very long, I'm talking 2-3 hours. Heres a relatively short one I found. BTW this does nothing for me, but makes me laugh. Just watch the first minute and thats basically the whole video

:confused-96:

Never ever heard of this until now. I ran across this on youtube and I had no idea what was going on.

People were whispering, tapping their fingers lightly, crunching paper into a ball in front of a microphone :dunno:.
Supposedly all kinds of sounds like that very lightly produced is supposed to make you fall asleep real fast.

I guess its like falling asleep to rainfall or something but much weirder....

"Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) describes the deep relaxation and pleasant scalp tingling Trusted SourceNational Library of Medicine, Biotech InformationThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.View Sourcesome people feel in response to quiet sounds such as whispering, or quiet sounds combined with gentle movements and personal attention. This phenomenon was only named in 2010, but it has gained significant traction online among people who claim that activating this response helps them relax and sleep better. Using ASMR to Sleep Better | Sleep Foundation."

ASMR vids are all over youtube and very long, I'm talking 2-3 hours. Heres a relatively short one I found. BTW this does nothing for me, but makes me laugh. Just watch the first minute and thats basically the whole video

:confused-96:

Amouranth licked her microphone. Sounded like a blowjob. Many likes.

I used to fall asleep to those sounds.

But then 45 minutes into the recording, the bell rings and I get woken up from the noise from 30 teenagers getting up and leaving for their next class.

Interesting!

I have a safety meeting coming up, maybe I will record it so I can listen to it at night and fall asleep.
Lets just hope you don't oversleep and miss that safety meeting. That was too easy. :thumbsup:
I never really understood Safety meetings although from time to time was made aware of a new law but most companies will send you that over fleet wide over the Qualcomm..

Or what really got me is these places got 3/4 day orientation class and really that should only be for the fresh newbs because yeah they need to learn sure

But for "Veteran" Drivers they should send you for a pee test before ya arrive and condense that class into a day do the road test and get ya on a load .

I mean really do your really watch those videos and many of em are the same as other companies video really Im just sitting there scribbling of playing on phone..

Better yet how about respect me as an adult and a "seasoned" driver been around going on almost probably 20 years that okay you don't need to waste a whole day watching safety videos and the stupid test are usually open book anyways..

Really what the Veteran Driver need starting is less the video and test and get down to Buisness with company policy, procedures etc..

There are places that work like that but most have atleast a 2/3 days and I've seen upwards of 5 days but that place also paid $15 an hour for attending orientation..

Now some don't pay for orientation and I'm gonna tell the recruiter we just need to get on with it then or I call somebody else...."That only really worked once"

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, and it's this amazing sensation of deep relaxation and tingling that some people experience in response to certain sounds and gentle movements. It was only officially named in 2010, but it's gained quite a following online, especially among those who find it helps them relax and sleep better.

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, and it's this amazing sensation of deep relaxation and tingling that some people experience in response to certain sounds and gentle movements. It was only officially named in 2010, but it's gained quite a following online, especially among those who find it helps them relax and sleep better.
Ok

Considering when you posted this, you could have used some ASMR.

My first encounter with ASMR was Amouranth licking a microphone.

If you're curious, there are tons of ASMR videos on YouTube, some of them lasting a whopping 2-3 hours! It's definitely an acquired taste, and not everyone feels the same way about it. Personally, I find it more amusing than sleep-inducing, but everyone's different! Oh, and if you're interested in learning more about ASMR microphones, you can check out asmrmicrophones.com. They have some great resources and recommendations for getting the best sound quality in ASMR recordings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread